Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

Pics you took today of your A5/S5

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2021, 01:58 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,193 Likes on 930 Posts

Originally Posted by RoB9

Hybrid TCU tune
Not sure if this counts ...
It counts. EPL?
Old 04-29-2021, 02:01 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 72 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by mhoran89
It counts. EPL?
Correct, as you can see, shifts at 7150
Old 04-29-2021, 11:30 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 146 Likes on 84 Posts

I gave myself an excuse to pull apart the dash and trim to felt tape a few things down by getting some ambient lights for the dash. With my OCD levels being extreme, I'd say I was pretty much satisfied with the results. It's a nice finish, it's not obnoxious, and completes the look of the interior lighting. From the back seat, where you get a full visual of the dash, it looks even better.

The following 6 users liked this post by inphra:
Hawkeye_Mo (04-30-2021), Nikon1 (04-30-2021), S5MD (04-30-2021), sthulin (04-30-2021), TheNomad (05-23-2022), Werehusky7 (04-30-2021) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 04-30-2021, 03:10 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 241 Likes on 160 Posts

What's the difficulty level and cost?
The following users liked this post:
DaveSNJ (04-30-2021)
Old 04-30-2021, 06:18 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 44 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by inphra
I gave myself an excuse to pull apart the dash and trim to felt tape a few things down by getting some ambient lights for the dash. With my OCD levels being extreme, I'd say I was pretty much satisfied with the results. It's a nice finish, it's not obnoxious, and completes the look of the interior lighting. From the back seat, where you get a full visual of the dash, it looks even better.
looks great! how was the install? and how do the lights plug in, did you have to splice any wires or was it all pnp?
Old 04-30-2021, 07:16 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 34 Likes on 24 Posts

I have these sitting in a box waiting to install. your photos might have just bumped it to the top of the priority list.
Old 04-30-2021, 07:17 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,193 Likes on 930 Posts

Originally Posted by RoB9
Correct, as you can see, shifts at 7150
I am considering APR for ECU and they say no real need for TCU tune... I have been very happy with 8-speed ZF units with no tunes in the past... I am curious to hear your experiences with it...
Old 04-30-2021, 12:46 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by belzebutt
What's the difficulty level and cost?
Originally Posted by yllee
looks great! how was the install? and how do the lights plug in, did you have to splice any wires or was it all pnp?
It's around $200 CAD for the unit from AliExpress.

The install is relatively easy. The most annoying part was removing the storage compartment on the drivers side to get access to the footwell LED plug (which is where the included splitter is used). There are two bundles of wires that have fasteners that plug into the edge and back of the storage compartment. Just a nuisance to take out and put in to ensure there are no chances of rattling.

If you have one of those plush microfiber blankets from Costco, drape your seats, center console and use masking tape to tape off buttons and cover your MMI. When you pull off the trim it'll need to rest of the center console while you unplug it. I've seen various videos of people totally cool having plastic grinding on plastic while working on it lol!

Once you have wired it, make sure the LED units are fastened and can't knock on anything! And definitely take the opportunity to felt tape, add foam etc to mitigate any creaks, cracks and pops.

You'd think the new lights would behave like the footwell lights but they are in fact in sync with the door trim lighting.

It's also important to know that if you've got a bunch of things disconnected like the headlight module, fan/AC control etc and you test the lights, you'll fire off a bunch of errors. They need to be cleared after.

Left is the splitter. One connected to the footwell LED power source, the other goes into the LED light (right) and the rest of the harness plugs into the LED light tubes in the trim. One for drivers side, two for passenger.

Last edited by inphra; 04-30-2021 at 01:50 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Nikon1 (04-30-2021)
Old 04-30-2021, 01:10 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 241 Likes on 160 Posts

[QUOTE=inphra;25580667]
Originally Posted by synergize

I'll know within a month or so, but from what I can tell, it's durable and safely removable and above all an incredibly inexpensive and easy DIY job. For anyone interested, I grabbed it off Etsy from RestlessDecals. The default gloss red looks way out of place against the leather that has next to no specular properties IMO, which is why I got the matte red. It blends in really well with the leather and texture. I saw that some people got the white lettering as well, but I thought it was trying a bit too hard and didn't line up well with the rest of the car from outside the vehicle.
Do you have a link for it? I see this:
https://www.etsy.com/ca/listing/8364...et-of-2-decals
Lots of options and no B9, and for the red emblem I don't see a matte option. Let me know which one is your red matte S.
Old 04-30-2021, 01:18 PM
AudiWorld Member

Do you have a link for it? I see this:
https://www.etsy.com/ca/listing/8364...et-of-2-decals
Lots of options and no B9, and for the red emblem I don't see a matte option. Let me know which one is your red matte S.
​​​​​​Assuming you want the same as mine, you're looking for the S emblem only and then selecting custom (not carbon) and add in notes you want matte red. You can message the seller to confirm.

Quick Reply: Pics you took today of your A5/S5