Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

Pics you took today of your A5/S5

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2018, 10:03 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Gavin Kwok
Right! is hard to finding the B9 spolier at any after market even in ebay or amazon, only one in Tag Motorsports website but cost you EUR1,000. I found this in famous online shopping platform in China, called”Tao Bao”, only cost me EUR150
How have you done to translate to english? I can't find any translation and google translation didn't work :/
Old 01-15-2018, 11:11 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by tjsf2007
How have you done to translate to english? I can't find any translation and google translation didn't work :/
I'm Chinese so that I can read on "TaoBao" platform, I've tried to help you guys to find the similar product in "Alibaba" online platform, but unfortunately there only got 2008-2016 A5 model's spoiler.
Old 01-15-2018, 11:20 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Gavin Kwok
I'm Chinese so that I can read on "TaoBao" platform, I've tried to help you guys to find the similar product in "Alibaba" online platform, but unfortunately there only got 2008-2016 A5 model's spoiler.
Ahhh now I understand

I've found this one on ebay:
https://www.ebay.fr/itm/Carbon-Fiber...QAAOSwnw9aR5zE
Old 01-16-2018, 12:08 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts

Ahhh now I understand

I've found this one on ebay:
https://www.ebay.fr/itm/Carbon-Fiber...QAAOSwnw9aR5zE
I contacted this seller to understand if this actually will fit the B9 2018 Audi S5 Sportback. Almost every one of the spoilers on eBay or Alibaba are for the B8.5 A5 Sportback, which wasn't sold in the US. This one is also pretty pricey ....

As for the Taobao one, I've researched this and it's next to impossible to buy and have shipped one of these if the seller doesn't specifically participate in Taobao's "world" shipping program. Also, you have to read / write Chinese pretty much to use their site. I'm investigating now if I can have a Chinese colleague help me to buy Galvin's spoiler and ship it to my company's Beijing office (at essentially < $100, it's gotta be something I can get sent to me from there still within a reasonable price....)
Old 01-16-2018, 01:14 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by scoopman
I contacted this seller to understand if this actually will fit the B9 2018 Audi S5 Sportback. Almost every one of the spoilers on eBay or Alibaba are for the B8.5 A5 Sportback, which wasn't sold in the US. This one is also pretty pricey ....

As for the Taobao one, I've researched this and it's next to impossible to buy and have shipped one of these if the seller doesn't specifically participate in Taobao's "world" shipping program. Also, you have to read / write Chinese pretty much to use their site. I'm investigating now if I can have a Chinese colleague help me to buy Galvin's spoiler and ship it to my company's Beijing office (at essentially < $100, it's gotta be something I can get sent to me from there still within a reasonable price....)
From Beijing shipping to US will be charge you over US$200, be consider...
Old 01-16-2018, 03:19 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Please give us some news if this one is really for b9 versions..
They say
[applicable year] 2017 +
So I hope that he will say yes..
Old 01-16-2018, 05:52 AM
N8!
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 49 Likes on 22 Posts

They say
[applicable year] 2017 +
In the rest of the world the new-to-us A5 was released in 2017 and is considered a 2017 model. Probably only the goofy US has "2018" cars released in 2017... lol
Old 01-16-2018, 07:12 AM
AudiWorld Member

Old 01-16-2018, 10:04 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts

They say
[applicable year] 2017 +
..... aaaaand not to derail the beautiful picture thread, but the friendly seller on eBay responds:
"Hello, friend
We are very sorry that this product is not suitable for your car (2018 Audi S5 Sportback)。

Nice day
Linda"

Galvin tells me the Taobao seller only speaks Chinese, so not very many good options here.
Old 01-17-2018, 12:34 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

..... aaaaand not to derail the beautiful picture thread, but the friendly seller on eBay responds:
"Hello, friend
We are very sorry that this product is not suitable for your car (2018 Audi S5 Sportback)。

Nice day
Linda"

Galvin tells me the Taobao seller only speaks Chinese, so not very many good options here.
So we still have to wait to have more options than the big spoiler sold by audi as an accessory..
But. you have an s5 right? Do you want to take something bigger?

I'm searching for the stock spoiler of the s version, but impossible to find it. I will ask audi to know if they sell this as a separated part..

Quick Reply: Pics you took today of your A5/S5