Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

Pics you took today of your A5/S5

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2018, 03:49 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Lovely photos, Mr Buickfunnycar.

I have a Daytona/Magma S5 S on order and the wait is getting very frustrating. I took some pics of a car similar to mine at the dealers and I found it difficult to appreciate the difference between pearl and metallic either "in the flesh" or in the photos. However, your excellent pics make it very clear and obvious and I think the pearlescent finish looks superb when captured the way you have achieved. I guess it's all a matter of just the right light and you've got that spot on.

The food photos are great, too. If I wasn't a few thousand km away on the other side of the world, I'd love to go for a drive to that restaurant.
Old 02-17-2018, 04:14 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 24 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Tony M
Lovely photos, Mr Buickfunnycar.

I have a Daytona/Magma S5 S on order and the wait is getting very frustrating. I took some pics of a car similar to mine at the dealers and I found it difficult to appreciate the difference between pearl and metallic either "in the flesh" or in the photos. However, your excellent pics make it very clear and obvious and I think the pearlescent finish looks superb when captured the way you have achieved. I guess it's all a matter of just the right light and you've got that spot on.

The food photos are great, too. If I wasn't a few thousand km away on the other side of the world, I'd love to go for a drive to that restaurant.
I find it very hard to pick up any real "pearl effect" in the paint and I've been around customs my whole life...so that may be a little misleading.

That being said,it's a stunning Gray that will certainly reward your patience...trust me on that. We already have a Gray Lexus and didn't want 2 Gray cars but this one blows the other out of the water...night and day difference.
Old 02-17-2018, 04:19 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by scoopman
Thirsty.
Love the black plates,just waiting on mine...they look great against Daytona.
Old 02-17-2018, 05:02 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by buickfunnycar

Love the black plates,just waiting on mine...they look great against Daytona.
Yeah I agree -- looks even better now with the carbon fibre spoiler above it
Old 02-17-2018, 06:13 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 30 Likes on 17 Posts

Bloody Mary.

Now I've never heard of a Bloody Maria, have heard...and drank plenty of...Bloody Ceasar's.
A Bloody Maria is made with tequila instead of vodka... Very good!
Old 02-17-2018, 06:34 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,254 Likes on 774 Posts

I find it very hard to pick up any real "pearl effect" in the paint and I've been around customs my whole life...so that may be a little misleading.

That being said,it's a stunning Gray that will certainly reward your patience...trust me on that. We already have a Gray Lexus and didn't want 2 Gray cars but this one blows the other out of the water...night and day difference.

Say, Mr. Buick, I placed your photo on my Mac Laptop Desktop to study it for a spell, looks great! I'd like to use the food pictures, but they would probably make me hungry all the time.

Last edited by synergize; 02-17-2018 at 07:55 PM.
Old 02-18-2018, 10:42 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by synergize
Say, Mr. Buick, I placed your photo on my Mac Laptop Desktop to study it for a spell, looks great! I'd like to use the food pictures, but they would probably make me hungry all the time.

Here's some better ones for you after she was all cleaned up...

Old 02-18-2018, 10:44 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

One more...
Old 02-18-2018, 01:44 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,254 Likes on 774 Posts

Perfect, depending on the angle of the Sun, the Daytona Grey shows a different color compared to the beach pictures. It appears to have a slight color shift to it, I really like the color.
Old 02-18-2018, 01:52 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

One more...
That coupe really does look fantastic. You know, if one were to hear that you have a "gray" car, you'd think the correct response would be: "meh." Yet the Daytona Gray really pops and despite what one might think before actually seeing it, it really makes the car look sporty. One of my favourite choices on the B9 for sure!

Quick Reply: Pics you took today of your A5/S5