Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

RS5 Check Engine Light

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2020, 02:06 PM
Club AutoUnion

Received 2,214 Likes on 1,408 Posts

Originally Posted by m444
Loaners are at the discretion of the Audi dealer. Some Audi dealers use Uber or Enterprise, if no other loaners are available at the time.

Go to a good Audi dealership and stay on the good side of the Audi dealer employees: "https://twitter.com/audi/status/909757289405575169"

"Audi USA@Audi
·
Sep 18, 2017
As each dealer has their own policy, loaners are provided at dealer discretion. You may speak to the Service Manager for assistance."
Another reason I drop donuts at the Service Department twice a year.

— John
Old 08-13-2020, 03:53 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by m444
Did they run out of the parts because of the number of replacement parts they are using or do they not normally stock that item?
They claimed they had never seen this issue on my vehicle before. But there is an Audi TSB on the issue. So they didn’t run out of the part it’s just not stocked.
Old 08-19-2020, 02:58 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackOptic
2019 RS5 Sportback w/ 14,200 miles: Check Engine Light came on two days ago. I was able to drive places I needed to go... and then drop it off this morning. I have a loaner, and expect it to be fixed in a week.

Issue: Evap Purge Valve.
Any updates on this and do you know what code was thrown?

I just got a P24D600 EVAP System Pressure Sensor/Switch B code and CEL pop up and then disappear on its own...
Old 08-20-2020, 08:30 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 63 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by RS-5hadow
Any updates on this and do you know what code was thrown?

I just got a P24D600 EVAP System Pressure Sensor/Switch B code and CEL pop up and then disappear on its own...
they replaced the valve... here it is:

The following 2 users liked this post by BlackOptic:
DCB1951 (08-20-2020), RS-5hadow (08-20-2020)
Old 08-27-2020, 04:19 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TEKNIKA
Though the varying issues with the B9 RS5 are disappointing, I am not ready to throw in the towel just yet. I will give Audi every opportunity to make this right. The B9 RS5 is a fantastic vehicle, so it is essentially their game to lose with these arising issues. I understand that it's a $90K luxury sports car, but it is an entirely new platform. All new designs have its fair share of growing pains. It is an inherent risk of being early-adopters, but with that early ownership also come with the prestige of owning something new and rare. In the past year since its release, I have only seen one other B9 RS5 in the wild, whereas being the owner of a Q60S Red Sport and BMW M4CP as well, I see these cars daily.

With that said, I can also empathize with those who are entirely disappointed with their purchase as a $90K luxury sports car should not have these issues. It is indeed a problem with Audi's R&D and quality control on this very limited model.

We all have to take into consideration that those of us having issues with the B9 RS5, as far as we know currently or have been disclosed publicly, are a small fraction of the entire B9 RS5 population.
2019 RS5 SB, 721 miles CEL came on, audi south orlando says "So we had to order what is called a " charcoal canister" which is part of emissions system. Had a failed sensor internal. Parts will be here tomorrow. Once arrived we will have vehicle ready to go tomorrow afternoon"

VERY disappointing for a car with less than 1000 miles.
Old 09-03-2020, 09:54 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

I bought my first Audi (2016 Q7) from this dealer! I'm no longer in FL though...
Old 09-03-2020, 09:57 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by TEKNIKA
Hello fellow RS5 owners. I am the one week old owner of a 2018 Audi RS5 with less than 300 miles on the odometer and just had the CEL say hello to me this morning. I immediately brought it back to Audi North Orlando where it was purchased and where it is being diagnosed over the weekend. I was told that I would be hearing back with an update on Monday. Apparently, there are two Audi Master Mechanics at this dealership who will both be troubleshooting the car. I am disappointed that an issue of this severity would expose itself so early in my ownership but perhaps it is better that it has done so now rather than later, if it does reveal itself to be a major issue with this new platform. I will be sure to update with any new details regarding my case when available.
I previously posted a message meant as a reply to you. I too bought my first Audi in North Orlando dealer, 2016 Audi Q7. Small world.
Old 09-03-2020, 11:47 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by BlackOptic
they replaced the valve... here it is:

@BlackOptic.... Bruh:

Old 09-03-2020, 11:58 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Prior to the EVAP being replaced (the post above this one), I had a check engine light just shy of three weeks prior.... That one was fixed with a software update as shown in this picture. HOWEVER, if you notice in my previous post above, I got my car back August 24th. On September 1st, about a week later, I got check engine light again. My car is currently at Audi but due to long weekend, my car won't be diagnosed until Tuesday, September 8th. My loaner for the time being is a 2016 A6 2.0t.

My other cars in the garage are an X3 and X7, both with inline-6 (3.0t) and no issues so far; I expected BMW would give me issues before Audi did... :-P
Old 04-22-2022, 06:02 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tenjinx

Prior to the EVAP being replaced (the post above this one), I had a check engine light just shy of three weeks prior.... That one was fixed with a software update as shown in this picture. HOWEVER, if you notice in my previous post above, I got my car back August 24th. On September 1st, about a week later, I got check engine light again. My car is currently at Audi but due to long weekend, my car won't be diagnosed until Tuesday, September 8th. My loaner for the time being is a 2016 A6 2.0t.

My other cars in the garage are an X3 and X7, both with inline-6 (3.0t) and no issues so far; I expected BMW would give me issues before Audi did... :-P

P24d6 p24d600 code Evap very small leak Dealership repair summary

Quick Reply: RS5 Check Engine Light