Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

RS5 Check Engine Light

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2018, 07:56 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was told that it was a software glitch. However when it reappeared on the second car, they updated the software with some type of patch. That was supposed to take care of the problem and prevent it from happening again in the future. However two weeks after they updated the software, it happened again. To date there’s been no explanation as to why it happened. I was only told that it was a software glitch. However when it reappeared on the second car, they updated the software with a software patch. That was supposed to take care of the problem and prevent it from happening again in the future. However two weeks after they updated the software, it happened again. The explanation I was given was that the car goes into a diagnostic mode when started from a cold start and not put in gear with 10 seconds. Once diagnostic mode is initiated the fault is triggered.
Old 08-29-2018, 08:08 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

1300 miles on mine with no issue like this yet. My cold starts are rough tho but once in drive I don't notice it.
Old 08-29-2018, 09:44 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by MIAMIRS5
I was told that it was a software glitch. However when it reappeared on the second car, they updated the software with some type of patch. That was supposed to take care of the problem and prevent it from happening again in the future. However two weeks after they updated the software, it happened again. To date there’s been no explanation as to why it happened. I was only told that it was a software glitch. However when it reappeared on the second car, they updated the software with a software patch. That was supposed to take care of the problem and prevent it from happening again in the future. However two weeks after they updated the software, it happened again. The explanation I was given was that the car goes into a diagnostic mode when started from a cold start and not put in gear with 10 seconds. Once diagnostic mode is initiated the fault is triggered.
but the car drove fine the whole time it was just the light?
Old 08-29-2018, 04:35 PM
AudiWorld Member

I have 2500 miles on mine and I have not had any service lights at all. My only issue is a rare noise from the ceramic brakes, only occurs with very slow speed and tight turn (like one out of 10-20 times pulling into my garage). Certainly stinks to have a problem with any new car, especially at this price point.
Old 08-29-2018, 06:47 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by mhblaw
2500 miles on my RS5, zero issues...
Off course no issues here... you have the "law" on your username .... they wouldn't dare
Old 08-30-2018, 05:11 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by muffhands

but the car drove fine the whole time it was just the light?
Performance was affected. It no longer had the same power in Dynamic mode.
Old 08-30-2018, 08:53 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by MIAMIRS5

Performance was affected. It no longer had the same power in Dynamic mode.
that’s really strange.... what do you mean?
Old 08-30-2018, 06:28 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

1317 miles on mine and no issues. Only thing that I've noticed is that once it gets out of the high speed idle cycle after start it gets a little of a "lumpy" idle until it settles in.

-steve
Old 08-31-2018, 10:02 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by nshttpd
1317 miles on mine and no issues. Only thing that I've noticed is that once it gets out of the high speed idle cycle after start it gets a little of a "lumpy" idle until it settles in.

-steve
mine kinda of does that too.. it like chokes and bumps. God Audi you had one ****in job. Release a bad *** b9 rs5. They really ****ed this one up bad. Atleast it looks good lol
Old 09-03-2018, 12:53 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Given that I've been waiting over a year and a half to buy my first Audi and am still waiting till the RS5 Sportback is released,
this makes me a little nervous. I will typically never buy the first model year, but the way I see it the Euro version of the RS5 coupe
has been around since late 2017 and in the US since early 2018, so the Engine, drivetrain, and systems have all been around for over a year
by now.
I really hope this is worked out before the 2019 RS5 SB is released, or this will be my 1st and LAST Audi.......because of the disappointment with
my 2016 GMC Yukon Denali, I don't want another American car, so that leaves me having to go to Japanese products from here.......

Quick Reply: RS5 Check Engine Light