Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

RS5 Check Engine Light

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2018, 06:49 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by muffhands

mine kinda of does that too.. it like chokes and bumps. God Audi you had one ****in job. Release a bad *** b9 rs5. They really ****ed this one up bad. Atleast it looks good lol
I feel like i have a rough idle especially like 15 seconds after a cold start, but don't notice it again once I put it into drive.

Any updates on your end? Getting real sick of waiting for this. I want to do exhaust and audi keeps recommending I wait until they fix it because they will have to run diagnostics.... If i leased this car id understand but its my ****ing car! I paid cash for it and I can't even do what I want with it. I am furious. Now its in the shop for a fuel leak. Was leaking half a tank of gas onto the garage floor..... Extremely disappointed. Car is honestly junk..... 3k miles and been in the shop more than in my garage.
Leaking gas?? Was the leak coming from the front or rear of the car? I am getting exhaust like next week, I am hoping I don't start seeing some of these other issues. My only other current issue that I guess has been an issue since I took delivery is that my lane assist just doesn't work. I was going to get it address the first time I take it in.
Old 09-12-2018, 09:13 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RCJH88
I feel like i have a rough idle especially like 15 seconds after a cold start, but don't notice it again once I put it into drive.

Leaking gas?? Was the leak coming from the front or rear of the car? I am getting exhaust like next week, I am hoping I don't start seeing some of these other issues. My only other current issue that I guess has been an issue since I took delivery is that my lane assist just doesn't work. I was going to get it address the first time I take it in.
yes major gas leak in the rear. I noticed the car smelled like gas every time I fueled it up. Had it I for the CEL and they said it was fine. Finally the other day fueled it up and the garage was really intensely smelling like fuel I looked under the vehicle and there was a massive puddle of gas. It’s coming from back wheel where the gas cap is. Under the car. I’m very upset. Did you mention your car has the Check engine light also? Which exhaust are you going with. I was going to order the super sprint?
Old 09-13-2018, 09:22 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 44 Likes on 31 Posts

https://www.audizine.com/forum/showt...oftware-Update
Old 09-13-2018, 09:28 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

wow. Fingers crossed it’s true.
Old 09-13-2018, 10:26 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

yes major gas leak in the rear. I noticed the car smelled like gas every time I fueled it up. Had it I for the CEL and they said it was fine. Finally the other day fueled it up and the garage was really intensely smelling like fuel I looked under the vehicle and there was a massive puddle of gas. It’s coming from back wheel where the gas cap is. Under the car. I’m very upset. Did you mention your car has the Check engine light also? Which exhaust are you going with. I was going to order the super sprint?

That gas leak is very interesting and unfortunate. I am slated to get one of if not the first US Milltek systems (non-resonated) installed a week from tomorrow if it arrives on time to my dealer. I will make sure my software is updated in the coming weeks when I hit the dealer. Hopefully that solves your other issue
Old 09-13-2018, 11:23 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

That gas leak is very interesting and unfortunate. I am slated to get one of if not the first US Milltek systems (non-resonated) installed a week from tomorrow if it arrives on time to my dealer. I will make sure my software is updated in the coming weeks when I hit the dealer. Hopefully that solves your other issue
what’s the cost on the milltek system? The super sprint is over 9k w the downpipes. Crazy.
Old 09-13-2018, 11:35 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

what’s the cost on the milltek system? The super sprint is over 9k w the downpipes. Crazy.
it’s around 3.5k before install. It includes everything except the cats which are super sprints “upper down pipes”. The cats are clamped right on to the turbos so it’s almost a full system. Once I see how this system treats me I will explore replacing the cats eventually. While super sprints quality looks amazing, I don’t see how that would ever be worth the cost. I might still consider their catlesss upper downpipes when I get to that point, but companies like AWE and Milltek will have their own downpipe options at that point.
Old 09-13-2018, 12:03 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

it’s around 3.5k before install. It includes everything except the cats which are super sprints “upper down pipes”. The cats are clamped right on to the turbos so it’s almost a full system. Once I see how this system treats me I will explore replacing the cats eventually. While super sprints quality looks amazing, I don’t see how that would ever be worth the cost. I might still consider their catlesss upper downpipes when I get to that point, but companies like AWE and Milltek will have their own downpipe options at that point.
damn 3.5k. I think I’m going to wait for that haha. Even w/o downpipes the supersrpint system is near 7k. Deffenitly keep us updated and I’d love to see videos of how it sounds once you get it installed.
Old 09-13-2018, 09:14 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

My 2018 RS5 is at the dealership now have some carbon fiber mirror caps installed I just emailed my tech and ask him if it would be wise to do the update with no lights on (yet)
Old 09-15-2018, 07:34 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Ok so I just got off the phone w/ my service advisor as my b9 rs5 is in the shop for a fuel leak. He said that the updated being mentioned is the update they already performed on my car and that it does NOT resolve the waste gate A stuck open code (as I am still getting the check engine light). Still no fix.......

Quick Reply: RS5 Check Engine Light