Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

RS5 Check Engine Light

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2018, 06:07 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 57 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by RichRace
I see the video just fine. I watched it again just now
Awesome. Thank you for confirming. All I see is a black square on my end. Haha.
Old 09-16-2018, 06:23 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by WillieFlo
Because of this, the top view camera issue, and a couple other issues i’ve been seeing on this forum, I think i’ll be waiting on putting in an order or purchasing my RS5 Sportback. Don’t want to deal with this right after shelling out $90,000. Audi’s response time to come up with fixes looks pretty pathetic in the eyes of this soon to be first-time Audi buyer.....
FWIW Willie, the top view camera is fixed on current releases with the 1320 version of the MMI. Also, the radio stays where you left it, if it was showing presets when you shut it off, they'll still be there when you turn it on again. I haven't noticed any other complaints that this version fixes, but it certainly seems much better than the previous one. Don't not but the car because of this alone. I also had the CEL go on at less than 1,000 km, apparently the same issue. The tech told me Audi was aware of it, and that it was a false alarm. He reset it, hasn't come back (yet), now over 3400 km. BTW, my car was built in May, delivered in July.
Old 09-16-2018, 07:01 AM
Club AutoUnion

Received 2,214 Likes on 1,408 Posts

Originally Posted by TEKNIKA
BTW, it looks like Audi World blocked my delivery video. How do I edit the text? Or am I too new here to have such privileges? Haha.

Welcome to AudiWorld! Hope your techs can straighten out, or at least identify, your CEL error.

As far as editing your posts, IIRC, you have to have 10 or 20 posts to get the edit rights.
Old 09-16-2018, 07:19 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by fwd55
FWIW Willie, the top view camera is fixed on current releases with the 1320 version of the MMI. Also, the radio stays where you left it, if it was showing presets when you shut it off, they'll still be there when you turn it on again. I haven't noticed any other complaints that this version fixes, but it certainly seems much better than the previous one. Don't not but the car because of this alone. I also had the CEL go on at less than 1,000 km, apparently the same issue. The tech told me Audi was aware of it, and that it was a false alarm. He reset it, hasn't come back (yet), now over 3400 km. BTW, my car was built in May, delivered in July.
fwd55, I really hope you’re right. I have looked at so much S5/RS5 Sportback car **** over the last 2 years and researched wheels, tires, aftermarket mods for this car it would make most folks head explode. My wife is even surprised that i’ve been patient enough to wait this long for a new vehicle for myself, especially after modding our Denali to my taste and giving it up to her.....(she really needs it to haul kids around though).....I haven’t been this excited about a vehicle in a long time! Don’t want to be disappointed when I grab the Gold ring(s)!

Last edited by WillieFlo; 09-16-2018 at 07:44 AM.
Old 09-16-2018, 07:22 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Nikon1

Welcome to AudiWorld! Hope your techs can straighten out, or at least identify, your CEL error.

As far as editing your posts, IIRC, you have to have 10 or 20 posts to get the edit rights.
Thank you for the welcome and clarification regarding post edit privileges. I am truly hoping they will be able to figure it out. Apparently Audi North Orlando is a rare dealership in that they not only have one, but two Audi Master Mechanics along with being ranked third nationally in R/RS trimline model sales.
Old 09-16-2018, 08:10 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Supposedly, the wastegate isn’t actually stuck open. It’s just a code the car is throwing. There is currently no fix and this issue has been going on for almost 6 months now. If it is this issue, please call Audi corporate and push to have them resolve the issue. The more people that complain the better. I opened a case w them and they have been taking 10-15 days between contacting me each time. They have not offered me any compensation or even given me an estimate time for a fix. Many of the people don’t even have a clue what I’m talking about. But all of the dealerships claim “ Audi is working on it”. I am very frustrated.
Old 09-16-2018, 02:32 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by muffhands
Supposedly, the wastegate isn’t actually stuck open. It’s just a code the car is throwing. There is currently no fix and this issue has been going on for almost 6 months now. If it is this issue, please call Audi corporate and push to have them resolve the issue. The more people that complain the better. I opened a case w them and they have been taking 10-15 days between contacting me each time. They have not offered me any compensation or even given me an estimate time for a fix. Many of the people don’t even have a clue what I’m talking about. But all of the dealerships claim “ Audi is working on it”. I am very frustrated.
I can certainly understand the frustration. This is my first weekend off immediately after purchasing the vehicle and all I was looking forward to was enjoying the drive. Have you tried pushing the dealership towards taking back the vehicle? I hope to hear back from the Audi North Orlando tomorrow and will update the thread as soon as I hear something. If the issue is in fact something with no fix, I will be pressuring the dealership to making this right for my wife and I, as having two issues (Homelink and CEL) all within 300 miles and one week of ownership is unacceptable.
Old 09-16-2018, 03:41 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

To my understanding in order to have the vehicle re-purchased, you need to go through Audi corporate. My dealership recommended I open a case through Audi of America. So I’ve been in contact w them but they take a very long time usually 1-2weeks to respond. You might want to call after hearing if it is in fact this issue just to get a case started, it will also help for us all to get a solution. I know how it is I’ve had the car for a barely a month and already have had four issues. Two of which are major issues. one was a fuel leak and the other is this engine light.
Old 09-16-2018, 06:22 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 92 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by TEKNIKA
...having two issues (Homelink and CEL) all within 300 miles and one week of ownership is unacceptable.
Try the programming directions on the Homelink site, as opposed to the manual.

https://homelink.com/audi
Old 09-17-2018, 03:39 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by AgMaple
Try the programming directions on the Homelink site, as opposed to the manual.

https://homelink.com/audi
I posted earlier in the thread that I had already resolved the Homelink issue thanks to Audi World.

Quick Reply: RS5 Check Engine Light