Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

RS5 Sportback formally unveiled at classic car event today

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2018, 02:29 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rob O
Playing around with some color edits based on press images of the Sonoma Green car to see how it might look in a few of the AE colors I'm considering.

My first choice is Merlin Purple over Silver Nappa. My wife is not a fan of "purple". I also love Sepang Blue, and am sort of drawn to Galaxy Blue. If we didn't have a Matador Red SQ5, I'd probably go that route as the Sportback looks stunning in that color.

Reference image (real world photo depicting the color):

Reference:

Reference:

Original images (not mine)

Highly suggest the Ara Blue. Really pops with the lines of the car and is stunning in the sun.
Old 04-06-2018, 03:11 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Has anyone heard anything about ordering? Audi said second half of 2018 for US availability. Two dealers have told me end of April into May for them to get allocations. Hoping we don't go the V1 V2 configurations at launch and can configure as desired from launch.
Old 04-06-2018, 06:10 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Saw the green one in NY today. Wish they would,have had it where I could see the rear.
Old 04-07-2018, 07:07 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by achenator
Saw the green one in NY today. Wish they would,have had it where I could see the rear.
I saw the green one at the NY show and thought thank goodness I did not order that color. I was really thinking about going with the sonoma green and I thought it just looked terrible compared to pictures I had seen in mags.
Old 04-07-2018, 04:33 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by jkwb49
I saw the green one at the NY show and thought thank goodness I did not order that color. I was really thinking about going with the sonoma green and I thought it just looked terrible compared to pictures I had seen in mags.
I agree on the green. I hope I can get more excited about the car in other colors because seeing it kinda of turned me off to the car and I am now leaning towards a coupe after seeing the nardo one there.
Old 04-07-2018, 05:23 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by achenator

I agree on the green. I hope I can get more excited about the car in other colors because seeing it kinda of turned me off to the car and I am now leaning towards a coupe after seeing the nardo one there.
I know a lot of people like the nardo color, I just don't get it. To me it looks like a primer finish that someone forgot to actually paint. I bought a misano red RS5 coupe and so far I am loving it. I have never bought a four door, I love the look of two and the way you can open windows and not get buffeted by the wind. In the back of my mind was the sonoma green, but seeing it there with my two boys and father and everyone thinking it was ugly was actually kind of a nice reassurance I went the correct direction with the red.
Old 04-08-2018, 04:29 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Colors are so subjective and individual, makes it fun! If we all liked the same colors nothing would "stand out".

I love my Nardo Gray, like many of the colors it changes character depending on lighting. Sunny days it's a nice kind of milky semi glossy gray (as opposed to flat primer), dark stormy days it turns this sinister don't F with me gray...love my gray ghost!