Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

S5 Sportback Delivered

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2017, 10:53 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 536 Likes on 366 Posts

Originally Posted by subie55
That red looks spectacular (magma?) The red I saw on an S4 at the Toronto auto show was more maroon red - I assumed it was magma as I do not think they offer multiple red seat options. You are making me reconsider my seat color, hmm....
It is Magma Red. The photo is pretty accurate, and is as bright as you would see it in real life (meaning it is under full sun, etc). It looks more muted from outside the car, the window glass knocks it back a bit, which I like.

Audi are a bit tricky with their show cars, as they more often than not are using Exclusive paint colours and interior trims. The darker red is Arras Red (as used in the S6 design option), and is available in certain A4/A5 trim options in some markets.
Old 03-13-2017, 11:25 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 26 Likes on 7 Posts

Just looked up arras red, that is definitely what was in that car. Thank you for that info. Have you had red seats before? How is the maintenance?
Old 03-13-2017, 04:46 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Hey Glisse,

A couple of questions:

1) Do you have the ability to open the hatch/trunk by doing a foot kick under the car?
2) Is there "launch control" on your vehicle?

Thanks.
Old 03-13-2017, 06:03 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 550 Likes on 370 Posts

The car looks outstanding. I really wanted to save money and go for an S4 over the S5 Sportback, but pics like these make the decision more difficult.
Old 03-13-2017, 06:23 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 84 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by Glisse
The downside is that if you were unfortunate enough to have an accident, it would be almost impossible to get it all lined up again.
You're right about that. My A4 has very sharp cutlines that go from front to back. I had a very long, deep dent in the rear fender that went through the cutline. Paintless dent removal got it out, but there is still a very slight indentation above the cutline (that only I would notice). They just couldn't get it perfect due to the sharp creases. But it's all worth it. I admire what Audi did with the shapes and creases, without going overboard. For the last time, your S5 SB is stunning!
Old 03-14-2017, 03:21 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by bbbobbb
Hey Glisse,

A couple of questions:

1) Do you have the ability to open the hatch/trunk by doing a foot kick under the car?
2) Is there "launch control" on your vehicle?

Thanks.
1) Yes, it is part of the Comfort Key option, so if the car has Comfort Key, it will have this. Same gesture also closes the hatch. BTW, Comfort key opening and closing works on all 4 doors - I read a post a week or so back that suggested otherwise.

2) Effectively, yes. The ZF8HP transmission has been set with a high stall speed, 3000rpm. Right in the meat of the torque curve (more a plateau than a curve). I suspect reducing the traction control (one press), or turning off (5 second hold down, but not recommended on a public road!) would minimise any torque cut should there be wheel slip. But I haven't tried it, and won't for another 1000km or so
Old 03-14-2017, 03:30 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by dseag2
You're right about that. My A4 has very sharp cutlines that go from front to back. I had a very long, deep dent in the rear fender that went through the cutline. Paintless dent removal got it out, but there is still a very slight indentation above the cutline (that only I would notice). They just couldn't get it perfect due to the sharp creases. But it's all worth it. I admire what Audi did with the shapes and creases, without going overboard. For the last time, your S5 SB is stunning!
Thanks, dseag2
Old 03-14-2017, 03:35 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by subie55
Just looked up arras red, that is definitely what was in that car. Thank you for that info. Have you had red seats before? How is the maintenance?
actually the s4 at the Toronto auto show did have magma red. It actually looks brighter in pics . There is a video on YouTube of that car and they show the the car details where it does say that the interior is magma red.
Old 03-14-2017, 07:40 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 614 Likes on 443 Posts

Is an auxiliary heater an option in Switzerland?
Old 03-14-2017, 04:38 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by JohnEnglish
Is an auxiliary heater an option in Switzerland?
Yes, it is. Option code 9M9. Roughly USD1200, excluding tax, in Germany. In my market, USD1650 exc. tax. I'll shiver for 2 minutes

Translated:
The auxiliary heating and ventilation ensure pleasant warmth and ventilation without having to start the engine

The heater heats up the interior and frees the slices of ice. The ventilation ventilates fresh air and lowers the interior temperature. With timer and separate radio remote control with display. In conjunction with the optional Audi connect vehicle control unit, the heating system can be conveniently programmed via the Smartphone app

Quick Reply: S5 Sportback Delivered