Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

S5 Virtual Cockpit Right Side of Screen Display...

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2017, 04:19 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default S5 Virtual Cockpit Right Side of Screen Display...

I have searched and read all I could but cannot find any way while in Sport (giant tachometer) display how to get rid of the date and time on the right of the display for anything else?

Don't make me go over to the B9 S4 forum and ask Cincinnatimark
Old 06-30-2017, 04:35 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 235 Likes on 172 Posts

I believe you go into the left selection menu and then at the bottom there is a choice to change the right side display.
Old 07-01-2017, 08:35 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 538 Likes on 366 Posts

Originally Posted by bbbobbb
I have searched and read all I could but cannot find any way while in Sport (giant tachometer) display how to get rid of the date and time on the right of the display for anything else?

Don't make me go over to the B9 S4 forum and ask Cincinnatimark
You can change it to show consumption, or short term memory, or long term memory (basically the trip computer displays normally shown on the left side of the main S tacho display). When you are in the trip computer display on the left side of the VC (ie, not Nav, phone, etc because it will not show up in these modes), press the bracket button to the right of the left side scroll wheel, and it will bring up the option to change the right side display.

I suspect it will always default to showing Navigation directions on the right side of VC S mode regardless of what display may have been set for the right section, but haven't checked this out.
Old 07-01-2017, 09:05 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Glisse
You can change it to show consumption, or short term memory, or long term memory (basically the trip computer displays normally shown on the left side of the main S tacho display). When you are in the trip computer display on the left side of the VC (ie, not Nav, phone, etc because it will not show up in these modes), press the bracket button to the right of the left side scroll wheel, and it will bring up the option to change the right side display.

I suspect it will always default to showing Navigation directions on the right side of VC S mode regardless of what display may have been set for the right section, but haven't checked this out.
I think that's accurate. I tried time and time again and couldn't get the right side to change to anything else but date/time and navi direction...
Old 07-01-2017, 10:49 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Glisse

Thanks everybody! Yep, you have to be in the default on the left side, I call this the Audi rings tab at the top AKA Driver Assistance, not the other 3. This is how it always starts out, even if you have gone to one of the other tabs it always goes back the the Audi rings tab.

When you are there then the ] button on the left of the steering wheel will bring up the 4 options.

Date and time, the default (unless you change it which is what I want to do...), so, 4 options:

1) Date
2) Fuel Consumption
3) Short-term memory
4) Long-term memory

Once set, it's persistent, the left side is set till you change it

Woot!
Old 07-02-2017, 06:02 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by bbbobbb
Thanks everybody! Yep, you have to be in the default on the left side, I call this the Audi rings tab at the top AKA Driver Assistance, not the other 3. This is how it always starts out, even if you have gone to one of the other tabs it always goes back the the Audi rings tab.

When you are there then the ] button on the left of the steering wheel will bring up the 4 options.

Date and time, the default (unless you change it which is what I want to do...), so, 4 options:

1) Date
2) Fuel Consumption
3) Short-term memory
4) Long-term memory

Once set, it's persistent, the left side is set till you change it

Woot!
Yes thanks for posting this - happy to change it to something other than time/date. I have mine set to fuel consumption and frees up left side for whatever
Old 08-31-2017, 06:58 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

My left side always goes back to "car notifications" (ie traffic signs, fuel consumption, etc) when I start it. How do you get it to default to anything else (ie map)? I switch it to map, turn the car off, when I turn it back on it goes back to "car notifications". Pain in the a$$ to change it every time I drive.
Old 09-01-2017, 05:05 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by jr_audi
My left side always goes back to "car notifications" (ie traffic signs, fuel consumption, etc) when I start it. How do you get it to default to anything else (ie map)? I switch it to map, turn the car off, when I turn it back on it goes back to "car notifications". Pain in the a$$ to change it every time I drive.
Left side reverts back to the top (Clock/Date) after 12 hours. I haven't figured out how to set a default for it yet.
Old 09-01-2017, 07:44 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So what's the time delay for short term memory reset? I have that on my right side and it seems to be at least a day or so. On my A7 it automatically resetted itself after few hours (like 2or 3). Is there a way to manually reset it?
Old 09-02-2017, 09:27 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Bmore
So what's the time delay for short term memory reset? I have that on my right side and it seems to be at least a day or so. On my A7 it automatically resetted itself after few hours (like 2or 3). Is there a way to manually reset it?
It's 4 hours to reset, there's a little button with 0.0 and a dial on the front to the right of the steering column that manually resets it

Quick Reply: S5 Virtual Cockpit Right Side of Screen Display...