Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

So what's next? (says my wife)

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2021, 10:56 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Audi b9 retrofitting B9.5 laser headlights

Originally Posted by JohnEnglish
Yeah, that's kinda what I'm thinking too. I wonder if it's just a coding issue or what for the B9.5 lights. I figured I just the new headlights and taillights through Europrice regardless of which ones I get.
Hi John,
yes the Audi S5 B9.5 laser headlights will fit the B9. I done the retrofit on my car . You do NOT need to change the front bumper!
Thanks
Antonio

Old 09-27-2021, 08:22 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Daaavid
I also got rubber USB covers to close up the holes and prevent water or dirt from getting in them - one in the front USB port and two in the rear under the rear A/C controls.
randomly reading this thread, and got this great idea, just bought the covers myself, thanks
Old 09-27-2021, 09:09 AM
Audiworld Basic Sponsor

Received 243 Likes on 196 Posts

Originally Posted by Antonio@
Hi John,
yes the Audi S5 B9.5 laser headlights will fit the B9. I done the retrofit on my car . You do NOT need to change the front bumper!
Thanks
Antonio
Just as a warning for anyone reading this thread. The post-facelift B9.5 headlights are NOT the same shape as the the pre-facelift B9 headlights. A customer of mine has direct knowledge of this after purchasing B9.5 items elsewhere only to find that this is not a simple changeover. The bumper shape is not the same, obviously then everything else for the bumper is different, grilles, trims, etc. and then the post-facelift headlights are wired very differently. The customer never got beyond the stage of buying items to discover it was going to be a huge headache and sounds like it was never completed.

The picture above was from a YouTube video with an aftermarket bumper of a car somewhere in Asia if memory serves me correctly.

Cheers,

The following 2 users liked this post by Alex@Europrice.us:
JohnEnglish (09-27-2021), MRA5SB (09-27-2021)
Old 09-27-2021, 10:05 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 614 Likes on 443 Posts

Originally Posted by Alex@Europrice.us
Just as a warning for anyone reading this thread. The post-facelift B9.5 headlights are NOT the same shape as the the pre-facelift B9 headlights. A customer of mine has direct knowledge of this after purchasing B9.5 items elsewhere only to find that this is not a simple changeover. The bumper shape is not the same, obviously then everything else for the bumper is different, grilles, trims, etc. and then the post-facelift headlights are wired very differently. The customer never got beyond the stage of buying items to discover it was going to be a huge headache and sounds like it was never completed.

The picture above was from a YouTube video with an aftermarket bumper of a car somewhere in Asia if memory serves me correctly.

Cheers,
It looks like the bumper isn't fitting perfectly in that clip either. The parking sensor and headlight washer cover all seem to be slightly "off". As well the fit with the fender on the right side seems to be slightly off too.