Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

So what's next? (says my wife)

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2020, 07:41 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 241 Likes on 160 Posts

Black optics?
Old 09-25-2020, 09:46 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

One thing i want to do is change the blindspot indicator colors haven't seen much forum talk about changing those colors.
Old 09-25-2020, 11:48 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by JLoft
So one of the first things I did to my Nogago B5 S4 was euro lights, but mostly because of the better light projector (no amber is a bonus). If I upgrade now on the S5 it would have to be to full dynamic lighting. Is that yours?
Heh ... one of the first mods on my B5 S4 Avant back in the day was euros as well.

This is my car, yes ... had it before the RS5. I bought the euro-spec LEDs new (from europrice) and had professionally installed (the professionally removed at time of trade).

Having just gone euro Matrix LED on the RS5 (hence, the reason these are available) I can understand. That said, it aint cheap or easy to do full Matrix and these are pretty much plug-n-play for a fraction of the cost. ;-)
Old 09-25-2020, 11:53 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,254 Likes on 774 Posts

A bunch of internet research for a start. ULO makes the Blacklines for Audi. Once you find their catalog and part numbers you can order directly from Europe. Being an EE helps me with deciphering the wiring so that can be converted (just one wire each). You still need a VCP for coding. By the time I sold my factory lights on ebay the net total was under $400.

Warning triangles are required in Europe. You can buy one at a gas station in Germany off the shelf. Or here in the US I just punched in "warning triangle" into ebay and you can get a set of THREE in the proper plastic cases delivered to your house for $15. That just reinforces my gripe that Audi buys them for $1.50, but somehow can't afford to give us one in the US. They're not Volvo I guess.
Were the triangles the right size to fit in the empty spot in the plastic storage bin behind the rear seat in the trunk?
Old 09-25-2020, 12:14 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 149 Likes on 101 Posts

Originally Posted by synergize
Were the triangles the right size to fit in the empty spot in the plastic storage bin behind the rear seat in the trunk?
I have a Sportback. Open the hatch and lower the left side compartment cover. The triangle container fits right on the cover. As usual in Germany there is a DIN standard for everything, even automobile emergency triangles.

The following users liked this post:
synergize (09-25-2020)
Old 09-25-2020, 12:22 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,254 Likes on 774 Posts

[QUOTE=JLoft;25502285]I have a Sportback. Open the hatch and lower the left side compartment cover. The triangle container fits right on the cover. As usual in Germany there is a DIN standard for everything, even automobile emergency triangles.

Oh okay, just a different locale for the triangles between the Coupe and SB.
Old 09-25-2020, 12:26 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Rob O
Heh ... one of the first mods on my B5 S4 Avant back in the day was euros as well.

This is my car, yes ... had it before the RS5. I bought the euro-spec LEDs new (from europrice) and had professionally installed (the professionally removed at time of trade).

Having just gone euro Matrix LED on the RS5 (hence, the reason these are available) I can understand. That said, it aint cheap or easy to do full Matrix and these are pretty much plug-n-play for a fraction of the cost. ;-)
Got it. The Matrix LED's are hard to justify at the kit price. That's almost two business class round trip tix to Europe. Of course the airlines and hotels sent me back all the money for this year's trips.....

Old 09-25-2020, 06:33 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 33 Likes on 21 Posts

I have a Sportback. Open the hatch and lower the left side compartment cover. The triangle container fits right on the cover. As usual in Germany there is a DIN standard for everything, even automobile emergency triangles.

What cargo mat do you have? Would love to find one with the S5 insignia, but haven’t been able to locate one.
Old 09-25-2020, 09:00 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Mikey T
What cargo mat do you have? Would love to find one with the S5 insignia, but haven’t been able to locate one.
It's from Llloyd Mat, Ultimat series. Super dense and soft carpet, and easy to clean. Three years old now and it looks like new even with fairly heavy use. Autoanything.com has them. They don't have a license agreement with Audi evidently, so no logo. If you're set on the logo, I remember there was a thread just recently about a company (England??) that did mats with logos.
Old 09-25-2020, 09:08 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by DaveSNJ

If she wants you out of the house, maybe a nice long drive is in order.
Not as bad as you imply. In the last few weeks we've done two driving trips (properly social distancing) of 19 hrs and 9 hrs plus a biking ride of 86 miles. She is bothered though that this is my first car without a manual trans so she can't up and steal it when she needs a three-pedal fix. We've always been a manual only garage, but that's much harder to do today.

Quick Reply: So what's next? (says my wife)