Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

Sport seats

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2019, 04:49 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Sport seats

Does anyone know if the front sport seats in sport back are the same as coupe. I have coupe and my wife hates passenger seat. I, of course love the front seat.
Old 02-03-2019, 05:08 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Perlson
Does anyone know if the front sport seats in sport back are the same as coupe. I have coupe and my wife hates passenger seat. I, of course love the front seat.
Thay are the same. You can get the warm weather package which comes with regular seats.
Old 02-04-2019, 03:32 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 535 Likes on 365 Posts

Always a bit confusing with random use of terminology, and the B9 A5 series is built with 4 different seat types.

S Sport seats - fixed headrest, diamond quilt pattern, available with massage function:

Ventilated seats - similar design to the Sport seat, but with perforated leather:

Sport seat - separate headrest, of which an adjustable headrest is either standard or optional depending on the market:

Standard seat - who cares

RedKloud's suggestion a good one, in fact the only one, assuming the issue is with the S Sport seat. I can understand very short or very tall people finding an issue with the fixed headrest of the S Sport seats, but it isn't very common and might just need some playing around with the recline angle. Most people seem to like them.
Old 02-04-2019, 09:37 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

The key decider for me was that the S-Sport Seats (first one) are the only ones with adjustable side bolsters. I just wanted to add that in case others don't know, and I didn't realize it when I first placed my order. It makes a huge difference by holding me firmly in the seat when cornering.
Old 02-04-2019, 09:59 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

One of the reason I bought the S5 is the S sport seats. They are very comfortable and supportive. Some people like to sit in a sofa when they are in a car, a seat that is overly soft, wide and no support. A lot of SUV have that type of seats.
Old 02-04-2019, 12:00 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks for the input. I love the sport seats with massage. The problem for a short passenger is getting in the car. Should be a grab ring over the door.
Old 02-04-2019, 02:17 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Perlson
Thanks for the input. I love the sport seats with massage. The problem for a short passenger is getting in the car. Should be a grab ring over the door.
My wife has the same complaint. The passenger do not have the steering wheel to hold onto when getting in, Audi needs a handle on the passenger side.
Old 02-05-2019, 02:38 PM
AudiWorld Super User

I think there is an issue with space for grab handles when a sunroof is fitted to B9 models, those without a sunroof have grab handles above every door. Obviously an issue in North America, as you get a sunroof whether you want one or not.

Whilst the side bolster on the S Sport seat is certainly higher than the Sport seat, I'm not sure the difference would be that significant. The A5/S5 is quite low, and the seating position has in turn a low hip point. Ease of ingress and egress is one of the factors for the global preference towards SUV style vehicles. For the OP, his passenger may be happier with an SQ5 with S Sport seats than a new S5 with ventilated Sport seats, so that needs some careful consideration

And times have changed. A generation or three back, we would have been opening the door and giving the ladies a hand to get in and out of the car
Old 02-05-2019, 05:13 PM
Club AutoUnion

Received 2,204 Likes on 1,404 Posts

Glisse — You are showing both your age and chivalrous nature! I am still old school enough to help my wife in & out of my car.
Old 02-06-2019, 04:36 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Nikon1
Glisse — You are showing both your age and chivalrous nature! I am still old school enough to help my wife in & out of my car.
Ha! Mine graciously accepts me opening the door on occasion, but if I tried to help her get in, the minimum reaction would be a severe tongue lashing.

Quick Reply: Sport seats