Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

VPS Resonator Delete finally installed!

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2021, 10:39 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,201 Likes on 934 Posts

I did it in about 120 minutes or so. Most of that was jacking the car up onto stands so I could get under it. I also used some oil change ramps on the rear tires which helped. I used a chain like tool with handles that look like channel locks with little cutters on the links. It worked slick and was like $25 on amazon prime.
The following 2 users liked this post by mhoran89:
inphra (09-22-2021), Nikon1 (09-22-2021)
Old 09-22-2021, 04:33 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 146 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by synergize
No problem with questions: you definitely want to use clamps in case you switch back if selling the car, etc. Concerning the shop install: the two mechanics that worked on my car had to diddle around to make the install last 35 minutes, they could easily have done the install in 20 minutes or less. Two quick cuts with an air saw, removed the bolts, fit the pipes/clamps, applied heat resistant sealant. and tightened the bolts. Plus, they ground the pipe cuts with a grinder (deburr) as per the install directions. Two to three hours: maybe if they had to fabricate the pipes from scratch and do a custom fit. If they need 3 hours that would be like 30 minutes to saw the 2 pipes and 15 minutes to remove each bolt...it's not possible.
Originally Posted by mhoran89
I did it in about 120 minutes or so. Most of that was jacking the car up onto stands so I could get under it. I also used some oil change ramps on the rear tires which helped. I used a chain like tool with handles that look like channel locks with little cutters on the links. It worked slick and was like $25 on amazon prime.
Thank you, gents. I'm in! I also found shop that my dad's best friend runs and he's going to do it for me which is awesome!

I emailed Tony but haven't heard back yet so I hope to be able to order it sometime relatively soon.
Old 09-22-2021, 04:43 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

Can you please provide a sound clip?
Old 09-22-2021, 04:49 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by inphra
Thank you, gents. I'm in! I also found shop that my dad's best friend runs and he's going to do it for me which is awesome!

I emailed Tony but haven't heard back yet so I hope to be able to order it sometime relatively soon.
Sounds like you’re ready to buy. One reason to buy the kit is one of the pipes needs to be flattened to fit. I’d rather not have a shop beat it with a hammer or something to get the shape.
The following users liked this post:
inphra (09-22-2021)
Old 09-22-2021, 04:49 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by rs5and12e
Can you please provide a sound clip?
Here's a few with this kit installed. Sounds great. Just avoid watching videos with actual aftermarket exhausts on our B9's ... otherwise you'll be tempted to spend more money .... because they sound marvelous 😂

https://youtu.be/KicpM2HhtqY

Https://youtu.be/BHGoHGf9gr0

https://youtu.be/QuaZ5cs-RhI

https://youtu.be/-if1yi_6dFc

But let me contradict myself by saying this is what I really want....

Last edited by inphra; 09-22-2021 at 04:54 PM.
Old 09-22-2021, 04:52 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by A4Shawn
Sounds like you’re ready to buy. One reason to buy the kit is one of the pipes needs to be flattened to fit. I’d rather not have a shop beat it with a hammer or something to get the shape.
Yes, that's what some were mentioning. Definitely not looking for that type of backyard job. Do it right or don't do it at all!

I'll reach out to Tony again if I don't hear back, but hopefully the kit becomes available. Don't see it listed on their website.
Old 09-22-2021, 05:11 PM
AudiWorld Member

Speak of the devil, I just received a response from Tony and he's indicated that while current stock is sold out, they are taking pre-orders as their next batch is due in October.

As a convenience...

tony@verstarkt.com
​​​​https://www.verstarkt.com
Old 09-22-2021, 05:22 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 33 Likes on 23 Posts

I just bought this kit, and it's due to arrive in 2 days. I paid for my order last weekend, and they did have it in stock for immediate shipment. I don't know if that's the case as of today, but Tony was very responsive when I made my initial inquiry.

--Jeff

Edit: your last post hit just moments before I made my response. I wasn't showing off that I got one and you didn't. It was just meant as a plug for my positive experience with them.
Old 09-22-2021, 05:32 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Jeff in MN
I just bought this kit, and it's due to arrive in 2 days. I paid for my order last weekend, and they did have it in stock for immediate shipment. I don't know if that's the case as of today, but Tony was very responsive when I made my initial inquiry.

--Jeff

Edit: your last post hit just moments before I made my response. I wasn't showing off that I got one and you didn't. It was just meant as a plug for my positive experience with them.
Haha not at all, he's spot on and we're working on an order as we speak. Cheers!
Old 09-22-2021, 07:28 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,201 Likes on 934 Posts

To give you some peace of mind I gave the resonators I cut out to my neighbor to take with him on his latest scrap metal run for recycling. Haven’t looked back since I installed the VPS kit.
The following 2 users liked this post by mhoran89:
inphra (09-22-2021), Nikon1 (09-23-2021)

Quick Reply: VPS Resonator Delete finally installed!