Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

Wireless Carplay

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2020, 04:57 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 74 Likes on 53 Posts

I’m still waiting for mine to arrive. It’s been a month and there is still no update. I wonder the Coronavirus has delayed the shipment. However, it was shipped a month ago...
Old 01-31-2020, 06:29 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by stwus
I’m still waiting for mine to arrive. It’s been a month and there is still no update. I wonder the Coronavirus has delayed the shipment. However, it was shipped a month ago...
Mine shipped 1/6 and arrived to me on the East coast on 1/18. I thought that was better than expected (bought off eBay).
Old 01-31-2020, 06:40 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by sargetalon
Mine shipped 1/6 and arrived to me on the East coast on 1/18. I thought that was better than expected (bought off eBay).
I bought mine from AliExpress on 1/9. And the shipping status still says departed from country of origin. So I don’t know if it has been flying on a plane for weeks or it’s at the airport in the US or not...you are lucky.

Last edited by stwus; 01-31-2020 at 06:47 AM.
Old 01-31-2020, 07:16 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 311 Likes on 235 Posts

I bought mine from AliExpress on 1/9. And the shipping status still says departed from country of origin. So I don’t know if it has been flying on a plane for weeks or it’s at the airport in the US or not...you are lucky.
If they give you a tracking number use this site, it is pretty good for the chinese stuff:

https://www.17track.net/en
Old 01-31-2020, 07:31 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by ribeye
If they give you a tracking number use this site, it is pretty good for the chinese stuff:

https://www.17track.net/en
I use that to track it and that is the status I got from it - departed from country of origin. It’s been a long time.
Old 01-31-2020, 07:49 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I use that to track it and that is the status I got from it - departed from country of origin. It’s been a long time.
Phil Murphy probably has it in Trenton trying out how he can tax it a little more before he send it to you.
Old 01-31-2020, 09:37 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 25 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by sargetalon
Just to follow up, my Carlinkit unit arrived 2 weeks ago. Easy to update. Running the latest firmware available. I’m having trouble connecting to my iPhone XS with 13.3. Sometimes it connects and works flawlessly but most times I have to fiddle with it or reboot the whole phone. They just won’t connect most of the time, even if I manually try to initiate it. Have removed things and reinstalled. Will keep fiddling with it because I really like it when it works as advertised.
maybe you should contact the company. Mine works most of the time.

I have run into some issues. I’ve found if I reverse my car while the device is starting it, it’ll take forever to load. Also I noticed if I unlock the car via key fob vs opening the door, the device loads quicker. Oddly enough, there’s an on-ramp that I take where the audio always breaks up. There is def a lag while on the phone tho. Maybe like 1-4-1/2 second delay but it can make phone calls a little difficult. I don’t really talk much on the phone so not a big issue for me.

the latest firmware makes it fairly stable tho. Overall, still pretty happy with the device. It could be better but I really like the convenience of having wireless CarPlay. The biggest negative is probably the price especially considering the minor bugs that it has. Wish there was a 1st party solution but this is probably the best way to do wireless CarPlay on our vehicles
Old 02-12-2020, 08:47 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Has anyone installed Carplay2air? To me it looks similar to others, but wondering if anyone has it and how it functions.
Old 02-12-2020, 09:10 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by yogs
Has anyone installed Carplay2air? To me it looks similar to others, but wondering if anyone has it and how it functions.
I am pretty sure that is the one that most are talking about in this post. So far, it looks pretty good, but won't help me with my android.
Old 02-12-2020, 09:29 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I got my Carlinkit (it’s the same as Carpkay2air). It has been working properly. I’m happy with it. Now I use CarPlay more than ever. The only downside is that I can’t use my car hotspot.

Quick Reply: Wireless Carplay