Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

Wireless Carplay

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2020, 11:16 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by bobdolex
So been using the new update for about a day now. ‘Meh’ is prob the best thing I can say. I still notice crackling audio. And weirdly enough, I had a couple issues connecting in the very beginning (which never really happened before).

I still think some of the issues are related to my phone (iPhone XS) with relatively low battery health. To those who also have issues with the audio, what phones do you have?
Thanks for the feedback. Still can't install the update, so not sure yet how it will effect me. I have an iPhone 11 Pro Max. 3/4 times, the device works perfectly despite the slight lag when inputting audio (phone calls, siri, etc.). 1/4 times, it has cracking and popping which gets progressively worse during the drive. It happens when wireless charging, when NOT wireless charging, when it's hot, when it's cold, etc. I can't find a reason it does it sometimes and not others. Was hoping the update would make it more solid. Sounds like it probably won't...
Old 07-01-2020, 07:22 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

So been using the new update for about a day now. ‘Meh’ is prob the best thing I can say. I still notice crackling audio. And weirdly enough, I had a couple issues connecting in the very beginning (which never really happened before).

I still think some of the issues are related to my phone (iPhone XS) with relatively low battery health. To those who also have issues with the audio, what phones do you have?
I have an iPhone 11 Pro. Phone calls are much better since update. Still delay when switching songs but it’s minor. Have heard some skips when listening to Spotify but only on occasion. Much improved over last version.
The following users liked this post:
Tom E (07-03-2020)
Old 07-01-2020, 07:27 AM
Club AutoUnion

Received 363 Likes on 236 Posts

I have an iPhone XS Pro Max (stupidly long name) and don't really notice issues with phone calls.

Usually CarPlay starts right up when I power up the car. I've noticed that if I walk away from the car with my phone before CarPlay fully launches, the system can get "stuck" at the searching for phone step. I have to navigate away and manually search again, then the phone connects. Very rarely, I have to open the Bluetooth settings on the phone and manually connect to the CarLinKit in order to get things to work. These issues happen rarely enough that they don't outweigh the convenience of a wireless CarPlay solution.
Old 07-01-2020, 11:07 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 74 Likes on 53 Posts

I checked for update again today and it still says the January update is the latest. 🤔
Old 07-03-2020, 09:02 AM
AudiWorld Member

So, CarLinkIt support emailed me the firmware and instructions. The update appears to work, but now when I go to check for updates, the page asks me to login. It's strange! I have emailed them again to find out what's up. Can anyone with the 06.2020 update test going to 192.168.50.2 on their phone and see if they get the same page as the image below? Haven't had a chance to test the update to see if the sound is smoother with less delay. I'll update after I've had a chance to play for a few days.

Old 07-03-2020, 09:09 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by stwus
I checked for update again today and it still says the January update is the latest. 🤔
I had the same issue. First it showed the 06.2020 update but kept failing. Then, after a few days, it showed that mine was up to date with the 01.2020 update. They sent me the 06 fw and I updated via USB stick.
Old 07-03-2020, 12:15 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom E
So, CarLinkIt support emailed me the firmware and instructions.
Out of curiosity, what email address are you using for CarLinkIt support? I can't seem to find an address anywhere in the product packaging I have and their Facebook page hasn't been updated in months...
Old 07-03-2020, 01:18 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 25 Likes on 18 Posts

sales@carlinkit.com is the email I was communicating with

also, I don’t get the password screen. I just get the screen that tells me I have the latest firmware
Old 07-03-2020, 02:40 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by James P.
Out of curiosity, what email address are you using for CarLinkIt support? I can't seem to find an address anywhere in the product packaging I have and their Facebook page hasn't been updated in months...
I actually bought mine on Ebay (since it wasn't Prime on Amazon anyway). I've been messaging via Ebay and they respond the next day. For the firmware, he asked for my email and then sent me a direct email with it attached. The email address was something at qq.com. I think it was the guy's personal email.

You can try to find one for sale on Ebay and then communicate with the seller that way if you need support. That should work.
Old 07-04-2020, 08:56 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 74 Likes on 53 Posts

I contact Carlinkit and they told me that they released a new update in June, but it was unstable, so they pulled it. That’s why January is still the most current one.

Quick Reply: Wireless Carplay