Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

Write Up on Latest Remote Start option for B9 models A4/S4, A5/S5, and RS5

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2020, 11:15 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 185 Likes on 117 Posts
Default Intermission

I'm tired so tomorrow I'll post the steps on doing the install, registration, and activation of Drone Mobile X1 device.
Old 01-08-2020, 03:14 AM
Club AutoUnion

Received 2,187 Likes on 1,399 Posts

@BreedsAs — Great write-up! The Compustar system is what I had in my last vehicle and it was as reliable as the sun. I did add the iPhone interface for long range “peace of mind” — and that does require a subscription fee — but that was purely personal choice.

Thank You!

— John
Old 01-08-2020, 05:49 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 241 Likes on 160 Posts

BreedsAs, as usual, great information. I give you credit for taking the time to post this and all the information you’ve provided this forum.
Old 01-15-2020, 09:24 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Has anyone gotten this to work with a 2019 S5?

CMVWXA0
ADS-THR-AU3 T-Harness

I flashed to 2019 S4, and tried both BreedsAs instructions and idatastart's instructions (separate module and tach programming), with no luck.

Tach programming seems to work ok, but module programming doesn't work for me.
Instead of flashing twice, the hazard lights flash 3 times, then 5 times. I also get flashing red LED2 for a second.
Old 01-15-2020, 09:28 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Nikon1
@BreedsAs — Great write-up! The Compustar system is what I had in my last vehicle and it was as reliable as the sun. I did add the iPhone interface for long range “peace of mind” — and that does require a subscription fee — but that was purely personal choice.

Thank You!

— John
Thanks John and no problem! The system has been solid do far!

Originally Posted by NJS5
BreedsAs, as usual, great information. I give you credit for taking the time to post this and all the information you’ve provided this forum.
Thanks NJ!
Unfortunately I I got too lazy to type in the telematics parts because it takes too long. I will when my Verizon SIM card for it comes in.
Originally Posted by Alex2718
Has anyone gotten this to work with a 2019 S5?

CMVWXA0
ADS-THR-AU3 T-Harness

I flashed to 2019 S4, and tried both BreedsAs instructions and idatastart's instructions (separate module and tach programming), with no luck.

Tach programming seems to work ok, but module programming doesn't work for me.
Instead of flashing twice, the hazard lights flash 3 times, then 5 times. I also get flashing red LED2 for a second.
Well your biggest problem is probably that you have the wrong harness. You should have the one ending in AU1.
Old 01-15-2020, 10:39 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by BreedsAs

Well your biggest problem is probably that you have the wrong harness. You should have the one ending in AU1.
I ordered the AU1, and the ebay seller sent me AU3, saying that it's the updated version :/

iDatalink's website says that AU3 should also be compatible.

I'll contact iDatalink support and see I can get this figured out.

Thanks!
The following users liked this post:
Nikon1 (09-30-2021)
Old 01-15-2020, 10:53 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Alex2718
I ordered the AU1, and the ebay seller sent me AU3, saying that it's the updated version :/

iDatalink's website says that AU3 should also be compatible.

I'll contact iDatalink support and see I can get this figured out.

Thanks!
The seller probably made a mistake in which T harness they sent and is just bs'ing you.
The AU1 is "required" for the successful install of a CMVWXA0.
Old 01-16-2020, 11:01 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 51 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by BreedsAs
The seller probably made a mistake in which T harness they sent and is just bs'ing you.
The AU1 is "required" for the successful install of a CMVWXA0.
If you go to the iDatastart Website and look up the VWX unit - you'll see the AU1 as "required" and the AU3 as optional.
The AU3 is the updated version as it also supports the RS5 now.
I'm having this installed shortly.
The harness might be defective, but for the 2018's I hear the AU1 should work, but the AU3 is backward/forward compatible with all vehicles in the B9 range (if I recall correctly).

Check this link:

https://www.idatalink.com/accessorie...roduct_id/1017

Then click on Vehicle coverage and go from there....

Last edited by Thes6isWicked; 01-16-2020 at 11:07 AM. Reason: link
Old 01-16-2020, 11:23 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

I talked with iDatalink support, and they said that AU3 replaces AU1. They wouldn't confirm whether the 2019 S5 is or isn't compatible.

Most likely it's some problem with my installation. I'll try again this weekend. I'll see if flashing to one of the other models (e.g. 2018 S5) does the trick.
Old 01-19-2020, 11:29 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 51 Likes on 35 Posts

A few Questions:
1) Anyone who's sacrificed a key for this install:
- If you remote start the vehicle, do settings you have applied to your daily key change (I.e., seat position, bolster/lumbar support, MMI settings, etc.)?
In other words, do you come back to the car with a different seat position than if you had started the car regularly?
- Would it be better to program those same settings to the "sacrificed" key to avoid this, or is the unnecessary?

2) I'm looking to purchase a "sacrificial key" online.... the closest PN I can find to the 2018 RS5 key ends with AN (where my key ends in BN).
Anyone know the difference??? They both appear to be the same frequency, and look the same, etc...

Quick Reply: Write Up on Latest Remote Start option for B9 models A4/S4, A5/S5, and RS5