Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

Write Up on Latest Remote Start option for B9 models A4/S4, A5/S5, and RS5

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2020, 09:57 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How long does the Compustar system stay running for? Is it customizable? I noted that the 12 Volt product runs for 15 minutes before shutting off.
Old 01-28-2020, 12:23 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 185 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by desaiguy
How long does the Compustar system stay running for? Is it customizable? I noted that the 12 Volt product runs for 15 minutes before shutting off.
I can't remember the increments. Standard is 15. I adjusted mine down to 10. Doing my part to save the planet. 🙌
If I remember correctly, 5 minutes is also an option.
The following users liked this post:
desaiguy (01-28-2020)
Old 01-28-2020, 12:44 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BreedsAs
I can't remember the increments. Standard is 15. I adjusted mine down to 10. Doing my part to save the planet. 🙌
If I remember correctly, 5 minutes is also an option.
Gotcha, saving the planet was the reason I was told by Audi they don't allow for remote starters! In any case a few minutes is fine for warming up the car, but I like using the remote starter as a way to keep my furry friend cool in the summer if I have to run into a store for a few minutes, and hate to risk having it shut off and having it heat up, so hoping for something that can run longer like I used to have in my Acura.
Old 01-28-2020, 12:55 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by desaiguy
Gotcha, saving the planet was the reason I was told by Audi they don't allow for remote starters! In any case a few minutes is fine for warming up the car, but I like using the remote starter as a way to keep my furry friend cool in the summer if I have to run into a store for a few minutes, and hate to risk having it shut off and having it heat up, so hoping for something that can run longer like I used to have in my Acura.
Very understandable.

​​​​​​Here's another option for you though considering your pup. I have (had prior to remote start) of leaving my motor running while I do quick stops. Now I live in a nicer area of N-TX so I never actually thought I would get carjacked, but it was always on my mind.
A few weeks ago I used my Vagcom Pro (VCP) to go into the ECU and make necessary changes that allow me to use the fob (or Drone Mobile app) to lock my car, even though the car is on. That was not possible before.

So now I can pull up somewhere, leaving the car on and lock the car while I make a quick run.
​​​​​
Old 01-29-2020, 07:19 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 34 Likes on 24 Posts

Very understandable.

​​​​​​Here's another option for you though considering your pup. I have (had prior to remote start) of leaving my motor running while I do quick stops. Now I live in a nicer area of N-TX so I never actually thought I would get carjacked, but it was always on my mind.
A few weeks ago I used my Vagcom Pro (VCP) to go into the ECU and make necessary changes that allow me to use the fob (or Drone Mobile app) to lock my car, even though the car is on. That was not possible before.

So now I can pull up somewhere, leaving the car on and lock the car while I make a quick run.
​​​​​
What bits do you need to edit in VCP? I'd like to make the same change to my car?
Old 01-29-2020, 10:09 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by sthulin
What bits do you need to edit in VCP? I'd like to make the same change to my car?
[46 - Central Convenience] [Coding - 07]
Select Long Coding Helper
Select Byte 9
Select Bit 7
The following users liked this post:
sthulin (01-29-2020)
Old 01-29-2020, 01:02 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 34 Likes on 24 Posts

[46 - Central Convenience] [Coding - 07]
Select Long Coding Helper
Select Byte 9
Select Bit 7
Thanks, so if you can lock the car with it running, does this apply to just button pressing or does touch work? And same with the unlock while running?
Old 01-29-2020, 01:14 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by sthulin
Thanks, so if you can lock the car with it running, does this apply to just button pressing or does touch work? And same with the unlock while running?
No problem.
As odd as it is, the locking function works for touch when the motor is on (whether it is started normally, or with remote/Drone).
The unlocking touch function does not work period if the engine is on..
Old 01-29-2020, 01:24 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 175 Likes on 99 Posts

No problem.
As odd as it is, the locking function works for touch when the motor is on (whether it is started normally, or with remote/Drone).
The unlocking touch function does not work period if the engine is on..
Prevent car jacking assuming your doors are locked while you're driving around?
Old 01-29-2020, 01:28 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by heymoe
Prevent car jacking assuming your doors are locked while you're driving around?
I would have though the same but the car knows when the key fob is in/out of the car.
So it is unlikely a carjacking will occur with the driver in the car, and the fob outside.

Quick Reply: Write Up on Latest Remote Start option for B9 models A4/S4, A5/S5, and RS5