Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

Write Up on Latest Remote Start option for B9 models A4/S4, A5/S5, and RS5

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2020, 02:48 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 250 Likes on 163 Posts

Originally Posted by BreedsAs
Also, for those reading this thread, I noticed that the rearview mirrors do not fold in when the car is locked via the Drone Mobile app.
They still fold when the fob is used though.
i notice this when using the Audi App also.
Old 02-02-2020, 09:33 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Also, for those reading this thread, I noticed that the rearview mirrors do not fold in when the car is locked via the Drone Mobile app.
They still fold when the fob is used though.
mirror fold is an individual fob setting, could be that the sacrificial fob is not set to auto fold mirrors.

try these steps...
- keep your regular fob away from the car so it doesn't take over
- remote start the car using drone app (sacrificial fob is active)
- unlock car using drone app
- set auto fold mirror setting in central locking while remote start is still active
- cancel remote start using drone app
- lock car using drone app
Old 02-03-2020, 01:58 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 106 Likes on 78 Posts

Not sure if this is the same set up you have been talking about. If so, is on sale for $349. No idea if is a good price.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/compust...?skuId=6363155
Old 02-03-2020, 04:54 AM
Club AutoUnion

Received 2,219 Likes on 1,409 Posts

Originally Posted by Coercion Shaman
Not sure if this is the same set up you have been talking about. If so, is on sale for $349. No idea if is a good price.

A good find but I don’t think that includes the Audi-specific wiring harness required for a plug ‘n’ play installation. Not Positive but certainly deserving of an inquiry at BestBuy.

— John
Old 02-03-2020, 07:52 AM
Club AutoUnion

Received 2,219 Likes on 1,409 Posts

Originally Posted by jf1_
mirror fold is an individual fob setting, could be that the sacrificial fob is not set to auto fold mirrors.

try these steps...
- keep your regular fob away from the car so it doesn't take over
- remote start the car using drone app (sacrificial fob is active)
- unlock car using drone app
- set auto fold mirror setting in central locking while remote start is still active
- cancel remote start using drone app
- lock car using drone app
I’m pretty sure this won’t work as the sacrificial key does not have any battery installed in the fob. The remote start system activates an active RFID circuit to engage the passive coil & circuitry in the sacrificial key fob, thereby allowing the vehicle to start. I don’t think that the active / passive RFID would actually “read” the fob settings.

@BreedsAs can certainly try your suggestion if he wants to.

Good idea, though.

— John
Old 02-03-2020, 08:35 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 185 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by Coercion Shaman

That is the wrong Compustart module for our cars. The Drone X1 in it is compatible though.
Old 02-03-2020, 08:36 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Nikon1
A good find but I don’t think that includes the Audi-specific wiring harness required for a plug ‘n’ play installation. Not Positive but certainly deserving of an inquiry at BestBuy.

— John
Originally Posted by Nikon1
I’m pretty sure this won’t work as the sacrificial key does not have any battery installed in the fob. The remote start system activates an active RFID circuit to engage the passive coil & circuitry in the sacrificial key fob, thereby allowing the vehicle to start. I don’t think that the active / passive RFID would actually “read” the fob settings.

@BreedsAs can certainly try your suggestion if he wants to.

Good idea, though.

— John
I'll try today and report back.
Old 02-03-2020, 08:42 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 106 Likes on 78 Posts

That is the wrong Compustart module for our cars. The Drone X1 in it is compatible though.
Ah, well. Site said it was compatible and thought I would mention it. Apologies.
Old 02-03-2020, 08:43 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Temperature thermistor installed.

The $10 FT-TEMP sensor arrived. It is a lot smaller than I expected so it has to sit in the compartment with my audio amplifier and other remote starter accessories.

As you can see in the picture below, the temperature widget now shows in the app. The car also automatically puts on the heat for the car when remote/app started, and the seat heaters in cold temperatures (I sent mine to under 32 degrees F).
The car does the same for the cooling features above 80 degrees according to my settings.

The only thing I'm confused about is why the temperature reads so low in my app. It definitely is not as cold as the app shows.

Old 02-03-2020, 10:36 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 34 Likes on 24 Posts

So wouldn't having a temp sensor that small defeat the purpose of it? The temp inside the cubby behind the liner in the trunk wouldn't be as effected by the heat / ac / sunlight as the passenger cabin that we're trying to measure, not to mention the electronics heating up in such a small space?

Also 15 degrees C would translate to 59F, is that closer to what the temp should be?

Quick Reply: Write Up on Latest Remote Start option for B9 models A4/S4, A5/S5, and RS5