Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

"Delayed Throttle Response"

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2002, 10:32 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oh. Well that's interesting...

I just need to drive a Tip again and experiance what people are talking about. Too much conjecturing! =)
Old 10-21-2002, 11:49 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Re: Are You Sure?

I had a '98 A4 Avant tip no DBW and it didn't do what my allroad does... We're not talking about a downshift hesitation--it doesn't do anything for as long as 2 seconds. No engine noise, that would be typical of a throttle by cable system.
Old 10-21-2002, 11:58 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default And Then Get In a Legal Battle With Audi on Warranty Claims??

Going to GIAC, etc. for a chip solution might work, but I didn't buy a $50k auto to look for third party solutions that they might dispute. If Audi doesn't solve this one, BMW will probably have me back. This is an absolute disgrace on an automobile I really want to be satisfied with.
Old 06-05-2022, 02:09 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Delayed response

I had the same problem and it was my brake switch above the brake pedal was bad. It would throw traction light also.
Originally Posted by scfan
This review from USA Today claims that Audi acknowledged delayed throttle response, and that they were investigating. Two years later...denial...

I tend to agree with the latest posts--that it isn't turbo or tip lag, but "throttle-by-wire" lag. My TCU was replaced which cleaned up the wobble as well as the sloppy shifting, but hasn't done a thing for the throttle lag.

My local Audi tech said that the ECU is programmed to not bring on full power if the brake is depressed. Audi tech line was asking if perhaps I had my foot on the brake at the same time as the accelerator. I don't left foot brake, and made sure my right foot was completely clear of the brake when attempting to recreate the lag. It still does it...

I would love to see a sampling from the ECU to see when the actual throttle opens in relation to the accelerator being depressed. I know I can recreate the lag without needing a downshift (still in 1st), so I don't think it is transmission related...unless the transmission TCU has some control over the throttle-by-wire?

Take a look at the article. Yet more proof there is a problem that Audi isn't addressing...nor being honest about.

I love the allroad with exception of this throttle lag. With a 2 and 4 year old, it really bothers me that this lag shows up at inopportune moments where there is a risk of someone T-boning the side.

I'm ready to file with NTHSA. I noticed that there are several other complaints already filed on the NTHSA site on the acceleration issue--anyone on here filed yet??

Thanks,
Jeff<ul><li><a href="http://www.usatoday.com/money/columns/healey/0033.htm">USA Today Review</a></li></ul>
delayed response
Old 06-06-2022, 03:15 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Wow, a 20-year-old "delayed" response.