Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

04 ar 4.2 owner under warranty VS AOA and AOCanada and dealer

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2008, 08:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 04 ar 4.2 owner under warranty VS AOA and AOCanada and dealer

My ar 4.2 was having transmission problems since I purchased the car in July 07. After several visits to the dealer and numerous efforts to solve the skipping when turning, the dealer ended up saying that the car is much better, does not skip as much and that they are all like that?????Regardless I had the ar checked by an indi. They checked the transmission fluid level and noticed it was missing 2 liters, they toped it off and now 4000km later the ar is perfect. I discussed this with the dealer and they said that there is nobody in Calgary apart from the dealer that can properly check the level of the transmission oil........My warranty ends on the 11th of January.
The dealer has proposed this.
- Open a work order for this problem.
- Flush and change the oil and filter.
- have the transmission oil tested to see if there is any premature wear (transmission particules in the oil?)

My response is: Can I trust the dealer or should I have a portion of the trans oil remowed through the indi and have it tested my self?
I notice under hard acceleration when it goes from 3rd to 4th to 5th there is a slight moment when the rpm seems to rev freely between those shifts but very difficult to notice. Is this the signs of a slipping problem???
Thanks for your help........it's really appreciated.
Cheers,
V,
Old 01-02-2008, 08:18 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default I would search around for a good tranny shop and have them take a look

at it.
Old 01-02-2008, 05:46 PM

Default If car under warranty, definitely +

have the dealer look at it.
In case it proves to be defect, they will fix it for free.
If they tell you everything is fine, but it dies on you after the warranty expires, you'll have evidence (work order) in your hand to show them that they told you things are ok.
It's a win situation for you to use the dealer while car is under warranty.
Imagine a scenario if the thing died a few weeks after the warranty expired and you didn't let the dealer look at it while it was covered!
I don't think I'd want to be there.

BTW, how did you get the 4.2 litre model in Canada? I did not think they sold them here?
US import?
Old 01-02-2008, 07:00 PM

Default thanks for the advice, I will proceed that way and trust that they were negligent in there

evaluation of the problem. I will follow up.
I purchased the car throught at a Volvo dealer in Boston and exported it to Calgary........I really enjoyed driving the car throught the blizzard betweeen AB and BC during X-mas........amazing handling in 15-30 cm of snow.......lot's of fun..
Old 01-02-2008, 07:58 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Another crazy cowboy???? OT eed that way and trust that they were negligent in there

Also drove to BC (Vanc) on 23rd and back on 28th. ar is on jack stands, so took the wife's Camry and was thankful for the Nokia Rsi's. Now I've got 3 chips rapidly spreading to cracks plus a full blown crack, so I owe her a windshield. Those 18 wheelers are brutal.
Old 01-03-2008, 06:11 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default 12 month warranty on work

double check this - but i think if they open a ticket on a repair, the repair is warrantied for 12 months.

I had an engine replacement out of warranty (long story) but Audi gave me 12 months on the work and parts.
Old 01-03-2008, 07:40 AM

Default You must of found that hard to use the Camry in a blizzard like that when

the ar is at home on stilts........bad timming........what's wrong with the ar?
V
Old 01-03-2008, 09:25 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Winter rest plus Re: You must of found that hard to use the Camry in a blizzard like that when

Put it in for winter to do clear corners, smoke tails, repaint rubber parts and avoid chips etc. Discovered torn cv boots so doing those also. Starting to put the parts back together so will be tempted to get it back on the road too soon i.e. while all the rocks are still bouncing around. Do miss the heated seats.