Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

'05 Allroad brake upgrades

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2009, 12:59 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok. Now you've got my attention. I certainly like the idea of bolt without machining. I'm not against machining...I just don't personnaly have the technical knowledge or experience to instruct a machine shop on what I need done. I also currently don't have a tuning shop that is willing to work with me on this modification.
Have I got this correct that Cayenne calipers bolt onto the existing mounting locations on the Alload? I've got an '05 Allroad. What year Cayenne calipers do you think would fit and also, when you installed the Cayenne calipers on your Allroad, did you install them on both the front and the rear of your vehicle? If yes, did you install the Cayenne rears on the the rear of your Allroad and the Cayenne front calipers on the front of your Allroad? I ask only because as far as big brake kits are concerned, in the marketplace so far I can only find kits for the front of an Allroad only. It appears that either there is little demand for rear brake retrofits or there's a technical challenge that no one is willing to overcome.
Regarding the rotors, how did you end up selecting the AMG rotor that best worked with whatever Cayenne calipers that you chose and the existing wheel mounts?
Can I assume that you had to go to a larger rim in order to achieve the required clearances from the new brake components?
Old 10-18-2009, 01:24 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't know the specific Cayenne calipers I have as I bought them off some one on an Audi site.
The rotors are Mercedes part#203-421-13-12.To fit on the allroad you need to enlarge the bolt holes from 12mm to 14mm.This can be done with a unibit drilling a little from each side.The center bore needs to be enlarged by 1mm which can be done with a grinder or metal rasp in a drill.
The lines have to be switched to a banjo ends.
This set up allows you to run 17" and up rims.
The rears kept factory pads/caliper but put S8 rotors and brackets.This works only if you have a V8 as they have vented rears.It may work on a V6 but I don't know.
I hope this helps