Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

10K Service Rant (Long)

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2002, 07:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 10K Service Rant (Long)

So I show up at this wonderful WI dealer for my 10K service...I speak with a very nice service rep, reiterate my concerns, and turnover the keys. (The allroad had just sat outside at an airport parking lot for 3 days so it was washed and detailed the night before.) After about 75 minutes the service rep tells me they're done but they just took my car to be washed. I said, "It's perfectly clean, it doesn't need to be washed and I didn't ask that they wash it"....too late. Ten minutes later I'm handed my keys and I go outside...my car is soaking wet, in the drip-dry stage. I bite my tongue and grab a towel out of the back to dry it off. I drive 35 miles back to work. I go to leave work at 7PM and the Low Coolant Indicator comes on...I pop the hood to find my coolant reservoir completely empty and the cap only screwed on half-way. They topped off the coolant and did not screw the cap all the way on....I wonder how far I drove with the low coolant....Oh well, no overheating occurred. Left a message tonite...waiting to hear back in the morning. As you can guess, this was not the first or second time this dealer has come up short with me...Pretty pathetic.
Old 08-06-2002, 08:31 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Welcome to audi Service.. My cars have been returned without being put back together as well

But mine have been a bit worse. Audi doesn't get it, not sure they will, it's all about the $$ now, screw the consumer and they will eventually get bit.

Audi Service in Europe is ranked in the top five, here in the states it's not even close. All Audi has to do is spend some time with Lexus to see how it should be done. Crap man we didn't buy a < $10K yugo!! We bought luxury sedans, wagons, sports sedans etc..

Audi get it together!
Old 08-07-2002, 05:48 AM
HPH
AudiWorld Super User

Default You may have a chance to voice your opinion...

...when you get a follow-up survey phone call (if they're still doing this). I didn't get a call after my recent 20K service, but I was out of town a lot and may have missed it.

For all other service visits, regular and special, I've had these calls from AoA (for my ar and for my previous A4s). It's so standard that the dealership service people have been providing "helpful hints" about how they'd like me to answer the questions -- which means that the dealerships take it seriously.

So you can let them know your concerns. HPH
Old 08-07-2002, 06:15 AM

Please name dealers ... good and bad
Old 08-07-2002, 09:36 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default It seems that after every service...

there is at least one screw (out of about a dozen) missing from the belly pan. It's this kind of laziness that drives me insane. It's also kind of annoying that you need 3 different types of fasteners to affix the pan that has to be removed to change the oil, but that's on the engineers not the dealer.

I point out the missing fastener every time and they are glad to fix it, but it requires more time on my part since I don't notice until I am home. And yes, I do go under the car to inspect their work since they obviously have to QA/QC process of their onw.

Recently they just gave me a handful of each fastener from bench stock so I don't have to come back with the car every time. Weird.
Old 08-08-2002, 07:27 PM

Default Re: 10K Service Rant (Long)

My first service they scuffed both rear wheels, second they left the drain plug loose and oil went everywhere. last service they pryed the center caps off with a screw driver and dented the wheels. CHARLOTTE VW/AUDI STAY AWAY FROM THESE JOKERS