Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

2.7T or 4.2?

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2008, 03:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does that mean my AR w/OEM hitch may be in big demand someday, or...

that the hitch will be worth more $$ than the car in a couple of years!
Old 01-14-2008, 04:13 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Here's a link to a rolled-over blazer & Airstream. The Chevy Blazer (I think) was not enoug

truck.

Granted, the Airstream at issue was 27' long. However, whenever I hear of Airstream and a small tow vehicle, it reminds me of this.

(Too bad the eBay pictures are dead as they are too old. Imagine an Airstream and I think a mid-80s Blazer on their side.)

I realize you said it would be towing a small Airstream.<ul><li><a href="http://forums.thedieselstop.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&amp;Number=1374304&amp ;fpart=1">http://forums.thedieselstop.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&amp;Number=1374304&amp ;fpart=1</a</li></ul>
Old 01-14-2008, 08:48 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I was SO glad that guy

got an fx35. that car is so crappy they deserve each other. everytime i read one of his posts i wanted to kick someone in the face. i finally just stopped the urge to respond and lol'd everytime he posted.
Old 01-14-2008, 09:12 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts

2nd
Old 01-14-2008, 10:54 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default lol. it's funny, as an allroad owner/poster i become more passive.

we would have tarred and feathered him on the b5s4 forum back in the day.
Old 01-14-2008, 01:00 PM

&lt;curtsies&gt;
Old 01-14-2008, 02:01 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Um do you realize that posting like this only shows how petty you are
Old 01-14-2008, 02:19 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default If you read my post thats exactly what I said to begin with...

he is certainly not wrong for liking the 4.2 better, but is entirely wrong in his math.
Old 01-14-2008, 02:46 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Hardly, Many have been on this board a long time...

I am not saying debate is a bad thing, but lately this board has gone downhill as the new members join. Much more arguementative and confrontational. Probably a symptom of the demographical change as the cars become a bargain in the marketplace, but it is what it is. We have characters here that become tough to handle one way or another. People that have been here a long time and have read this board for years (me since 2001) have opinions. You can agree, you can challenge, it doesn't matter, but the opinions whether factual or purely from a spectators standpoint are what they are.

You can challenge my saying its a "no brainer" on the original topic all you want but the facts are thats my opinion. HP vs torque are different things and different people value them differently. I have owned a 2.7T Tip for a few years and looked at the 4.2 after that and now own a 6spd. I have read the hundreds of messages on this board complaining about the torque converter issues and the lag issues as well as watch one member mod a tip to the point of not being worth it and swaping it to a 6spd. Their is no science to this answer, but wisdom. The person who started the thread can throw my opinion in the trash for all I care, but I don't care to be challenged any more on these topics.
Old 01-14-2008, 03:52 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default If you need clarification my comment was to girlroad not to you...

and I'm not a new user, this is my third Audi and my third username on this site, I've been posting here on and off since 2003.

I think arguing, debate, and discussion, as well as sharing information and opinions are exactly the points of a forum, but you should keep on topic and not get personal (which we did). You saying it was "a no brainer" was something I disagreed with because you were only looking at your needs, I just felt it needed to be pointed out that there's another side to that argument, and everyone will have their opinion about it, so what may be a no brainer for you may not be for someone else thats just my opinion.

Something like you shouldn't run winter tires in the summer, now that would be a fact.

As for Girlroad's posts it was juvenile, why comment about me, or a debate between us aside from trying to stir up crap it certainly had nothing to do with the topic. If this is an example of whats been going on on this board prior to the "new owners" posting than I dont think it was ever that far "uphill". JMHO but Girlroad, and the need to defend her rudeness and ignorance aside, I find this board to be quite informative.

Quick Reply: 2.7T or 4.2?