Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

2.7t running rich

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2016, 11:34 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2.7t running rich

Hi,I have a 2005 Allroad throwing running rich codes on both banks.The car seems to run ok,tho I have had cat efficiency codes for some time sporadically.Before throwing stupid money at this problem,all ready replaced exhaust temp sensors for nothing,cost a packet,I am looking for advice. A smoke test on the engine,pushing through the air intake just after the MAF sensor,smoke appears from drivers side front of engine and rear of passenger side.It appears the cam tensioners are leaking,no other leaks found. Can this cause the system to run rich or am I about to do another repair and get no where. Unfortunatly I have lost the list of codes,the car has been parked up for some months now waiting for repair,any help would be appreciated...
Old 12-18-2016, 08:15 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

might want to hit up the search for that
been talked about many times over the years

but i doubt an oil leak will cause it to run rich
Old 08-29-2021, 02:36 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by mike sharples
Hi,I have a 2005 Allroad throwing running rich codes on both banks.The car seems to run ok,tho I have had cat efficiency codes for some time sporadically.Before throwing stupid money at this problem,all ready replaced exhaust temp sensors for nothing,cost a packet,I am looking for advice. A smoke test on the engine,pushing through the air intake just after the MAF sensor,smoke appears from drivers side front of engine and rear of passenger side.It appears the cam tensioners are leaking,no other leaks found. Can this cause the system to run rich or am I about to do another repair and get no where. Unfortunatly I have lost the list of codes,the car has been parked up for some months now waiting for repair,any help would be appreciated...
Did you ever figure what was wrong with your car or fix it.? I've got the same problem and it's driving me nuts.
Old 10-30-2021, 08:44 AM
AudiWorld Member

I did eventually get time to have a look at the problem. I do have my own scan tools and a mityvac vac/pressure tester. I blanked all the vacuum hoses going to the manifold one by one, also vac tested each line. Finally found the evap line was open to atmosphere all the time. No evap codes. I blanked off that connection and drove the car for a few weeks. Ran great. Now evap codes. I have sold the car since,as no time to keep fixing continous problems.
Hope this helps
Old 10-30-2021, 08:49 AM
AudiWorld Member

To add more info on this, I did replace the spider hose, didnt make any difference.Also replaced 3 vacuum valves, 2 green and one black one, despite these showing leaks,didnt fix the problem. Oil leaks wont cause issues as it isnt a vacuum engine. Testing manifold for leaks I smoke tested, used brake cleaner and used propane.
Best thing to do is get a vacuum tester with a selection of rubber blanks. Go around each line in turn and see if the car runs better.
Old 01-11-2022, 06:58 AM
Banned

Hi!

Have you ever figured out what was wrong with your automobile and attempted to repair it? I'm having the same issue, and it's driving me insane.