Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

2001 ALLROAD LEMON?

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2004, 01:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: I've actually had good luck with Wagner Audi...

I agree. I used to work about 10 minutes away from Bernardi, and I grew to not like them.

Since I lived in Auburn at the time, Wagner wasn't all that far away, so I started using them. The service department was excellent. Maybe it was because they were also a Mercedes and Jaguar dealership. Bernardi sells VW and Hondas in addition to Audi.

IMHO, Audi has a long way to go in the areas of customer purchase and service treatment. They make excellent vehicles... but their treatment of their customers is not up to the same level of excellence. The buying and service experience is lousy... given the premium $$ paid for the vehicle.
Old 05-28-2007, 07:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: 2001 ALLROAD LEMON?

Kieran (and I would like Paulroad's and others comments too!),
I have very similar symptom of battery going dead. In my case, it happens after car sits for about 1 week. I bought my 2001 AR in Dec 2005 (with 50K miles) through dealer auction at Manheim, PA (I know a dealer who scoped out ARs in my range and specification, and picked one for me). The maintenance record says the car was purchased new at Bernardi Audi of Nantick, MA. When I bought the car, there was a relatively new Interstate MTP-93 battery installed.

My first dead battery was Aug 2006 after leaving car at airport for 2 weeks. Replaced battery after non-dealer check revealed no amp drain. No problems until 1 month ago when I left car at airport for 1 week. I jumped, trickle charged for 4 hours (at a friend's) and drove for 5 days with no problems. Then I had another trip, left AR at airport, and returned to dead battery May 27, 2007.

I plan to take to dealer this week for isolating and correcting cause. I am very interested in knowing if I have your car in case that helps me trace problem (maybe by asking dealer to contact Bernardi) or report to AoA. By the way, did you report to AoA? If so, is there a reference number?

DougKnapp