Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

2002 Allroad 2.5 diesel tiptronic - UK

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2009, 11:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2002 Allroad 2.5 diesel tiptronic - UK

Good morning all,

Registered today, although Ive been on this site for a while :-)

Recently brought a 2002 allroad 2.5 diesel tiptronic with 113K. Car is lovely but have a few issues that I need your expertise on.

Just done a diag of the fault codes via VAG.com software and have the following issues. All faults were cleared and car taken out for a drive, so these are the latest errors :-

Address 02: Auto Trans Labels: 01V-927-156.lbl
17125 - Torque Converter Clutch: Stuck OFF / No Power being transferred P0741 - 35-00 - -

and

Address 34: Level Control Labels: 4Z7-907-553.lbl
01577 - Turn-Off due to Over-Temp
35-10 - - - Intermittent
01772 - Signal from Level Control Pressure Sensor (G291)
27-10 - Implausible Signal - Intermittent

When I brought the car I knew there was an air bag issue as the front left hand side sometimes drops down over night. I also see the suspension icon on the dash light up. Whats new to me is the autogear issue.

Searching google, Im reading some horriflying tiptronic issues, about torque converters needing replacing. When driving the car, it runs perfectly, no problems at all with the gearbox, and no warning lights on the dash referring to it. So, was a little surprised when I saw this error.

The previous owner had replaced all the gearbox oils, but I know he balss up and didnt fill it properly, drove it for a mile, and then filled it up. So, not sure if this started it.

Only had the car a week, so not sure if I should sell it on, or keep, all depends on whats worng.

Any ideas gents ? Any opinions / thoughts gratefully recieved.

Simon Keane
Old 05-05-2009, 03:57 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

hey simon, here in the us common for torque to go out,high $$$$,about how many miles,or "k" do u have on it?also it sounds like u may have a leak
in one of the shock air bags,pump will stay and overheat and then shut off
i hope that helps
Old 05-05-2009, 06:32 AM

Cheers Audi01a6 :-)

The car has done 113,000 miles. Im pretty much sure the left front air spring has gone, mainly leaks when in level 1 or 2. When in level 3 seems to stay up. Will do the soapy water trick later this week.

I pretty much expected errors regarding the suspension, but the gearbox errors scared me. Reading this fine site, seems like a few guys have had this issue, and it comes from either failed or failing, seals in the torque converter, than if left, can cause the oil pressure in the gearbox to raises, knocking out the valve which controls reverse.

I didnt have any error lights on the dash to say I had a gearbox error. Again, searching around, some guys just wipe the fault and leave it be, others accept the torque converter is locking up and accept the lower mpg, others replace certain valves in the gearbox.

Not sure what to do !!!

Ive spent most of the day searching for error codes / advice and this is what Ive found ( just incase anyone else is searching for the same problem on here ) :-

17125 - Torque Converter Clutch: Stuck OFF / No Power being transferred
P0741 - 35-00 - -

Could be :-

Automatic Transmission Fluid (ATF) Level not OK
Transmission Sealing faulty
Automatic Transmission Fluid (ATF) dirty
Torque Converter faulty or incorrect Torque Converter installed
Solenoid Valve 7 (N94)/Pressure Regulating Valve 4 (N218) faulty
Torque Converter Pressure Valve faulty
Valve for Torque Converter Clutch faulty
Torque Converter Lock-Up Clutch faulty/worn our

Possible Solutions :-

Check Automatic Transmission Fluid (ATF) Level
Check Transmission Sealing
Check Automatic Transmission Fluid (ATF)
Check Torque Converter
Check Solenoid Valve 7 (N94)/Pressure Regulating Valve 4 (N218)
Check Torque Converter Pressure Valve
Check Valve for Torque Converter Clutch
Check Torque Converter Lock-Up Clutch

01772 - Signal from Level Control Pressure Sensor (G291)
27-10 - Implausible Signal - Intermittent

Could be :-

* G291 Sensor Malfunctioning
* Connector Loose

The G291 sensor appears to be part of the valve assembly next to the compressor which also contains the valves for the individual corners (N148 to N151) and the Level Control Accumulator Valve (N311). The whole assembly
would appear to be under the car, behind some sort of shielding piece next to the spare tire well.

G291 is the internal to the valve block mounted on the compressor bracket. It is the unit with the six air lines going to it as well as a 10 pin multi-pin connector.

With the vehicle raised , and the system in "jack" mode, loosen all air lines @ G291. wait for all air to escape system before fully removing lines. Remove and replace unit. lower vehicle, start motor, take out of jack mode and allow compressor to fill the system.

Havent found much on the Over-temp problem, still researching that.

01577 - Turn-Off due to Over-Temp
35-10 - - - Intermittent

Cheers

Simon.

Ps, where you guys from ? Im based on the south coast of England.
Old 08-12-2015, 07:39 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I've just bought an A6 Allroad 2.5 tiptronic, and it also has a left front air suspension issue. It also dips down overnight..