Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

2005 Audi allroad running lean/horrible gas mileage

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2019, 07:26 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2005 Audi allroad running lean/horrible gas mileage

So Maybe you guys can help me here but I have a 2005 Audi allroad 2.7t which has an engine code p2096 -which says its running lean. I’ve replaced the air filter,spark plugs,O2 sensors,fuel filter,cleaned the MAF sensor but it’s still throwing the code! Any ideas!? Vacuum leak? Fuel regulator sensor?Also it’s really affecting my fuel mileage, car runs great either then that. Thanks

Old 06-14-2019, 06:15 AM
gk1
AudiWorld Super User

Received 517 Likes on 452 Posts

I would think you are on the right path. If the DTC says it is running lean but you are actually running rich (increased gas usage) then I would also suspect something wrong with fuel pressure or fuel injectors.
Also might want to just replace the MAF too instead of just cleaning it. Or buy one see if it makes any difference and if not return it.
Or you could try just unplugging the MAF then the ECU should go into closed loop operation where it won't use the MAF signal any more in case the MAF is sending bad information.
Old 06-14-2019, 07:22 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

O ok ya my fuel mileage is absolutely horrible right now,my lifted Jeep gets better mileage..extremely frustrating..

ya I’ll look into replacing the fuel pressure regulator ,clean the injectors again and play around with the MAF again.
Old 06-14-2019, 03:07 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Well just found my leak that causing the horrible mileage im hoping , I have an exhaust leak just before both catalytic converters