Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

2010 Cadillac CTS Sport Wagon - probably a repost +

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2008, 05:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2010 Cadillac CTS Sport Wagon - probably a repost +

I think it looks very nice.
I particularly like the rear (picture no. 7)...it has a hint of the old Caddilac style.

Has a good engine and rear seats fold perfectly flat - in case you have to sleep in it.

I don't think it has the versatility of the Allroad (what does but another Allroad?!) - couldn't find any word on it being AWD or having the ability to raise it for some minimal off-roading, but it's as close as we may have in the future when the comes time to replace our Allroads.

I've always liked the CTS, unlike some of my car friends. This one gets my full vote.

Hopefully, GM won't go ****-up...lets hope they put this into full production soon.<ul><li><a href="http://www.autoblog.com/photos/2010-cadillac-cts-sport-wagon/1038504/">Hopefully, the link will work...lots of pictures.</a></li></ul>
Old 12-22-2008, 05:41 PM

AWD will be optional, I see. And six speed manual!!!
Old 12-22-2008, 05:47 PM
AudiWorld Member

freaking hideous! Let them go **** up. If you build crap you deserve to fail.
Old 12-22-2008, 06:06 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
Default The 2009 A6 3.0T Avant is the closest we'll get when it comes time to replace our allroads, unless

AoA decides to bring the C6 allroad over...
Old 12-22-2008, 06:07 PM

Default Why no love...;)...?

At least GM is trying.
Audi, otoh, is telling us all to ****-off; they obviously don't need our money.

Maybe, you've heard Audi saying they'll sell the Allroad here again?
Do tell, please...!<ul><li><a href="http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_FoXyvaPSnVk/SRMpsRJ364I/AAAAAAABB2Y/TxiEc6ZX5RM/s1600-h/Cadillac-CTS-Sport-Wagon-4.jpg">...in Paris!</a></li></ul>
Old 12-22-2008, 06:18 PM

Default Brings up an interesting question...

Would you buy the A6 Avant or would you "help-the-brother-in-need" and buy the Caddy?

The Cadillac seems to be nice, will have a decent motor, will be AWD, will come with a manual tranny for those who like to shift, will be locally made (keeping all the work at home, which is theoretically good for the American economy), will most likely be competitivly priced (probably less than the German)...

I've actually never bought a NA made car myself (though, I've worked at Chrysler during Summers as a student) - driven some; most have been dogs, BUT this one could actually do it for me.

Maybe, it's just me...I've always wanted to own a Cadillac...this one has a good hint of big wings of the yesteryear which is even better.
Old 12-22-2008, 07:19 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

I agree...nobody will buy this thing. Detroit styling is either disjointed or bland.
Old 12-22-2008, 07:25 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default The're not trying! The american auto makers have been content to build crap and not willing

to spend the money to put innovative ideas or even old proven methods in production. Hell they are still using cast iron heads &amp; pushrods! They cant style the inside or outside of a car to save their life. (literally) They buy European car companies like volvo &amp; saab &amp; instead of learning from them and improving their home product they destroy the brand they purchased by cutting costs, using their suppliers &amp; turning it into junk. In the case of Saab jacking up the price of parts by more than 200% &amp; more. For Rover you can no longer buy a part for a land rover that is 10 years old from Rover! I guess this means the dealers that service them are buying the parts from the aftermarket &amp; marking them up or not servicing rovers more than 10 years old.
Old 12-23-2008, 12:51 AM

Rumor has it they aren't even offering the air suspension in the '09 avant. T/F?
Old 12-23-2008, 03:04 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
Default I'd buy a CTS-V, but the CTS wagon looks smaller than the allroad (from that pic), but I could be

wrong. I understand that the new CTS sedan is supposed to be as big as a 5-series...

Quick Reply: 2010 Cadillac CTS Sport Wagon - probably a repost +