Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

2010 Cadillac CTS Sport Wagon - probably a repost +

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2008, 11:14 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I firmly stand behind everything I stated above & I rented 4 new 08 american cars this year

2 GM & 2 Ford All 4 total crap! The ford interior All the panels had a different grain molded into them so where the dash A pillar & door panel came together you could see nothing matched. The interior door handle also had a sharp molding seam on the inside right where your fingers fell to pull it open. finally it smelled like a rubbermaid trash can inside from all the cheap plastic & my wife who was pregnant at the time made me go and swap it for a Toyota Camery. (Anybody who has lived with a pregnant woman knows they have a nose like a bloodhound) Come on does anybody actually critique these cars during development? The Audi interior door handle is a work of art real metal and beautifully sculpted. The last GM product drove like crap was noisy & the indicators in the instrument cluster were reversed from every other car in the world. Fuel empty was on the swing to the right and full was left the temp was the same way. This is not innovative or modern just since-less.

I am sorry you are out of work but do not feel My tax money should go to pay for the American auto makers bad decisions.
Old 12-25-2008, 07:04 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oh yea & who puts a shark fin antenna offset of the front of the roof??!! Do you think

Looks good? I can't think of any reason to put the antenna on the front of the roof above the visor other than it is closer to the radio/nav. That is either a stylist who should be fired or lazy. Have you seen the convertible top fit on the Saturn roadster or the fit of the front bumper around the headlights?
Saying one or two of the top GM cars has good fit & finish isn't enough. You look at VW's cheapest Glof or Audi's A3 & they are still nicer than GM's top line cars. The bottom GM like the G6 has a worse fit & finish than any Import car I have see, be it Kia or Hyundia or anything else.
My Neighbor in the same building as my Automotive repair business works on Domestic cars so I do see the crap we build on a regular basis.