Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

2013 Audi Allroad pics from the Chicago Auto Show

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2012, 02:30 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default 2013 Audi Allroad pics from the Chicago Auto Show

Because, you know, more pics are better, right?

http://www.pause.com/index.php/chica...-audi-allroad/

Enjoy!
Old 02-08-2012, 02:51 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by A6Louie
Because, you know, more pics are better, right?

http://www.pause.com/index.php/chica...-audi-allroad/

Enjoy!
I'm going to be curious as to how this thing sells. It would be more interesting with a three liter TDI but that would knock the price north.
Old 02-08-2012, 03:54 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by SoSuMi
I'm going to be curious as to how this thing sells. It would be more interesting with a three liter TDI but that would knock the price north.
Well since the car lacks the airbag suspension, its got to offer something else, and a tdi option would be a great place to start. Sometimes I wonder why...and wouldn't you know it, nobody can tell me
Old 02-08-2012, 04:29 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Send over a prestige 3.0tdi in that white with the brown interior and I'll take it!
Old 02-08-2012, 06:23 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't think the lack of an airbag suspension will make any difference to most consumers (i.e., people who don't post on allroad forums).

I think this car will appeal to the same big group of folks who might shop for a Subaru Outback but have enough money to afford something nicer. It'll make a great transport vehicle for outdoor sports types who would rather hike, bike, run, and ski trails than drive a car on them.
Old 02-09-2012, 09:26 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Toecutter
I don't think the lack of an airbag suspension will make any difference to most consumers (i.e., people who don't post on allroad forums).

I think this car will appeal to the same big group of folks who might shop for a Subaru Outback but have enough money to afford something nicer. It'll make a great transport vehicle for outdoor sports types who would rather hike, bike, run, and ski trails than drive a car on them.
Yeah, as the car comes with good roof rails. I used my last Avant for kayak transport and it was great with the exception of a few gnarly roads that I had to travel to launch my water toy. That was the only downer with respect to that car's sports suspension. Didn't have enough clearance and the underside of the car picked up some road rash.

Now I use a Mazda 3 for that but I miss my Avant
Old 02-09-2012, 12:47 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't like painted Allroads... This one makes you wonder, Why is that station wagon raised?

A proper Allroad, on the other thand
Old 02-09-2012, 12:50 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by GTA_Driver
I don't like painted Allroads... This one makes you wonder, Why is that station wagon raised?

A proper Allroad, on the other thand
See, and I prefer the body-color cladding.

It's an option, though...I believe the darker cladding is standard on the new Allroad (like on the old one).
Old 02-09-2012, 01:11 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by A6Louie
See, and I prefer the body-color cladding.

It's an option, though...I believe the darker cladding is standard on the new Allroad (like on the old one).
I also prefer the body-colored cladding. It looks more finished. The darker cladding looks like a bolt-on afterthought to me.
Old 02-09-2012, 03:42 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Looks good, but...

I think it looks great. Though I would also like to see a TDI version, and one that is AWD not just FWD like the A3. There doesn't seem to be any full size wagons out there; anybody have any recommendations for a wagon in similar size to the allroad. I love my 02 AR but it's getting a bit dated and I'd like something new but can't find anything similar...

Quick Reply: 2013 Audi Allroad pics from the Chicago Auto Show