Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

2024 Allroad Smartphone Interface

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2024, 06:12 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2024 Allroad Smartphone Interface

Hi - everyone! I recently traded my '18 Allroad Premium Plus for a '24 Allroad Premium Plus, upgrading myself to wireless charging, etc. The car hasn't significantly changed, but I love it. I don't love the continuous message "Smartphone Interface was Deactivated" when listening to satellite radio, which cuts the radio, and the Apple car play screen appears. I have the iPhone 15, the IOS is up to date, and I have gone through all the settings I have found on Apple support. I've even disconnected and reconnected the phone/car connection, etc, but it still happens. I'd prefer not to make an appointment to bring it in, so I'm asking here first. Thanks, everyone.
Old 03-29-2024, 06:43 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Smartphone interface was deactivated - Apple Carplay

Nobody else has this issue? I brought it in earlier this week and was told to use an apple cord as a work around. It creates more issues than when using the wireless - i’ve made another appt. It's the same error message, while plugged in it cuts calls, the radio won't stop playing even when it shows spotify is playing a song etc. Anyone?
Old 04-18-2024, 04:40 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Yes! I have this problem. I have done everything to troubleshoot this issue, including disconnecting Bluetooth and reconnecting, turning off my phone, and resetting MMI. They have recommended I take it to the dealer

QUOTE=allroad24;25890840]Hi - everyone! I recently traded my '18 Allroad Premium Plus for a '24 Allroad Premium Plus, upgrading myself to wireless charging, etc. The car hasn't significantly changed, but I love it. I don't love the continuous message "Smartphone Interface was Deactivated" when listening to satellite radio, which cuts the radio, and the Apple car play screen appears. I have the iPhone 15, the IOS is up to date, and I have gone through all the settings I have found on Apple support. I've even disconnected and reconnected the phone/car connection, etc, but it still happens. I'd prefer not to make an appointment to bring it in, so I'm asking here first. Thanks, everyone.[/QUOTE]
Old 04-20-2024, 09:00 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Default Finest Сasual Dating - Real-life Girls

A mysterious stranger awaits you without obligations
Authentic Maidens
Optimal Сasual Dating
Old 05-13-2024, 12:59 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by AudiQ52024
Yes! I have this problem. I have done everything to troubleshoot this issue, including disconnecting Bluetooth and reconnecting, turning off my phone, and resetting MMI. They have recommended I take it to the dealer

QUOTE=allroad24;25890840]Hi - everyone! I recently traded my '18 Allroad Premium Plus for a '24 Allroad Premium Plus, upgrading myself to wireless charging, etc. The car hasn't significantly changed, but I love it. I don't love the continuous message "Smartphone Interface was Deactivated" when listening to satellite radio, which cuts the radio, and the Apple car play screen appears. I have the iPhone 15, the IOS is up to date, and I have gone through all the settings I have found on Apple support. I've even disconnected and reconnected the phone/car connection, etc, but it still happens. I'd prefer not to make an appointment to bring it in, so I'm asking here first. Thanks, everyone.
[/QUOTE]
I was wondering what the dealer said?
Old 05-18-2024, 08:25 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Hi - were they able to figure this out for you? Audi in Wilmington, DE told me that "Germany is aware of it" somedays it can do it more than a dozen times and then go weeks with no issue. It's frustrating on a new car.
Old 05-18-2024, 09:53 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

I just got a 2024 A4 Allroad after 35 years all MBZ. I'm using Android on the new car and I've had no issues as you have described I realize that doesn't help solve your problem but it might be helpful to know.

I'm a newbie on this forum and it took me some searching to find that the 2024 Allroad is in the B9.5 platform; try searching with that as part of your search.

It's been a couple of months since you posted.....did you find a resolution?
Old 05-19-2024, 05:13 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Try this

Originally Posted by allroad24
Hi - everyone! I recently traded my '18 Allroad Premium Plus for a '24 Allroad Premium Plus, upgrading myself to wireless charging, etc. The car hasn't significantly changed, but I love it. I don't love the continuous message "Smartphone Interface was Deactivated" when listening to satellite radio, which cuts the radio, and the Apple car play screen appears. I have the iPhone 15, the IOS is up to date, and I have gone through all the settings I have found on Apple support. I've even disconnected and reconnected the phone/car connection, etc, but it still happens. I'd prefer not to make an appointment to bring it in, so I'm asking here first. Thanks, everyone.
Open the Settings app on the iPhone and tap

Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions > Allowed Apps > CarPlay

Disable CarPlay