Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

3 leaks: Floor, Seat Belt retractor & Exhaust.....

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2011, 05:11 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3 leaks: Floor, Seat Belt retractor & Exhaust.....

With my wife in Audi lease cars and me in a Cayman , the only Audi in my World is my friend's alroad. Please help. '04 6 spd w/ 124k

1st leak- This board lead me to the cowl where I found the tray detached from the windshield on the pass side only. Water was running directly into the filter. Is there a special glue or tape that secures that tray to the windshield? What's the best way to reattach?

2nd leak- After sitting for weeks and through Irene, my friend pulled the seat belt across her front (and white shirt) only to be slimed with black mildew or mold. The belt is wet inside the door piller. Front sunroof drains are clear. I never thought to look in the rear doors to see if there are rear drains. Are there rear sunroof drains or just the front ones? Also, I haven't checked the roof rack yet.

3rd leak- Exhaust flex joints along with P0421 and P0431 CEL's (inadequate catylast bank 1,2). Those flex joints look welded to the cats. Is that the case? Does this mean new cat$?

Thanks in advance and understand that this family is facing the question again: Do we keep the alroad? I always respond yes but that exhaust could hurt.. C.
Old 10-15-2011, 05:45 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

#1 not sure

#2 Did you check the cowl drain under the battery. If plugged water will build up and run in under the passenger carpet. Check passenger floor for wetness. Clogged sunroof drains will usually end up with a wet headliner as the water runs down.

#3 weld in new flex joints. Good muffler shop or indy mechanic can do it. No need for all new Cats if the problem is just a leak.
Old 10-15-2011, 06:24 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The rain diverter slides into a slot-like clip at the base of the windshield. If you miss that, you leave a gap between the windshield trim and the rain diverter.

There are drains for the sunroof tub at each corner. The rears run into the rear wheelwell, hidden by the wheelwell liner. Weedwhip cord is the best cleaning agent I've heard of. Audi used to recommend using the core out of a speedometer cable.
Old 10-15-2011, 07:45 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

#1. Go to ACE and buy a roll of Rope Caulk. It works great and is easy to remove if you ever need to.
#2. Not sure.
#3. Had new flex joints welded in and all is well.