Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

great service by arnott!
Old 07-09-2009, 12:31 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Agreed - excellent service

Originally Posted by lsc2g
great service by arnott!
Far from putting me off this alternative to the OEM, I'm more sure than ever that Arnott is the way to go when replacing the air spring.
Old 09-04-2009, 07:00 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default NOT an isolated event!

The SAME thing happened to one of my springs a few weeks ago! (While parked fortunately!) The upper crimp ring just poped off and the whole front end of my car collapsed. It had to put on a flat bed (finally got home at 12 midnight and had to be at work at 3AM, with no car, thanks Mr. Arnott). Arnott did next day air a new pair out, but they have the same ring on them! SAME F'ing RING! they will probably fail in another 7 months too. Sould have paid the extra money for a genuine Audi part. At $150 for a new alignment every time I take the suspenssion apart it would have been cheaper. Oh well you live and learn that you get what you pay for. Only time I'd buy from arnott again is if I'm dumping a car ASAP. Absolute JUNK! Buyer be wear!
Old 09-04-2009, 10:50 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I think you're a little over board.I've taken my suspension apart plenty of times with out needing alignment.Plus wouldn't you have to align after factory install?You don't think there is a chance of a factory part failing?I have logged more miles on Arnotts then 99% of the allroad out there with Arnotts.I think Arnotts will give you better customer service then Audi.You knew they where a new design when you bought and with that you should be aware that sometimes probleme like this pop up.If you didn't you're being ignorant
Old 09-05-2009, 07:11 AM
AudiWorld Uber User

Received 284 Likes on 216 Posts

I have to agree with MYD-WGN. Arnott admitted they had a quality problem on some airbags. That tells me right there I wasn't the first one to have the problem. They believe in good faith that the problem is fixed and i think they did a good job honoring their warranty. Sometimes these sorts of things happen on new products. I was hoping to let the product mature a little longer before installling them, but my front air bags forced the issue by failing.

I think one of my rear audi bags is leaking now, and I'm defintely going to put Arnott bags on the car.
Old 09-05-2009, 10:34 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default nice service v. putting my family's lives at risk, huh?

If Audi knew their springs had a bad production run and there was a likelyhood of them exploding, there would have been a national recall! With Arnott, nothing. no recal, no warning, no "hey lets get this fixed before its a problem", nothing. You can try to justify corporate greed however you like, but in the end they KNOWINGLY put my life and the lives of my family at risk, there is no excuse for that--none. You are right about one thing though, arnott's customer service dept was much more pleasant to deal with than the parts counter at the local dealership. But is nice service really more important than our safety? If arnott was really a stand up company they would have recalled every affected spring as soon as they learned of the problem.
Old 09-05-2009, 01:37 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default gen 1 or gen 2

This was the original generation right ? not the new Gen II airbags ? did they fix the crimp issue on the new style ?
Old 09-05-2009, 02:54 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by allroadrunnervscyote
If Audi knew their springs had a bad production run and there was a likelyhood of them exploding, there would have been a national recall! With Arnott, nothing. no recal, no warning, no "hey lets get this fixed before its a problem", nothing. You can try to justify corporate greed however you like, but in the end they KNOWINGLY put my life and the lives of my family at risk, there is no excuse for that--none. You are right about one thing though, arnott's customer service dept was much more pleasant to deal with than the parts counter at the local dealership. But is nice service really more important than our safety? If arnott was really a stand up company they would have recalled every affected spring as soon as they learned of the problem.
You are obviously ignorant for what it takes to do a recall.A recall also would be more likely when there is substantial damage or injury.I have only heard of 2 cases of this happening.Hardly a reason of national recall.Here we have a company who has stepped up and given use a better priced,warranted,quality products for a very limited produced car.Get off your high spoiled *** horse and be grateful.There is a chance with anything you buy being defective.So from now on buy all your parts and have all your service done at the dealer because according to you the never make defective parts
Old 09-06-2009, 03:58 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by MYD-WGN
You are obviously ignorant for what it takes to do a recall.A recall also would be more likely when there is substantial damage or injury.I have only heard of 2 cases of this happening.Hardly a reason of national recall.Here we have a company who has stepped up and given use a better priced,warranted,quality products for a very limited produced car.Get off your high spoiled *** horse and be grateful.There is a chance with anything you buy being defective.So from now on buy all your parts and have all your service done at the dealer because according to you the never make defective parts
Would you like Arnott to come over an put a gun to your family's head? No, well neither do I. But if they knew they were making a defective product and didn't do anything about it, then that is exactly what they did. Shame on them for playing rusian roullet with our safety and shame on you for putting a couple hundred dollar price tag on your own.

To answer 03 Cobalt allroad,

I couldn't see ANY diferances between the old and new. So, purhaps the crip ring is on there better and purhaps it is the same as what failled. No way to know until these blow out too. I just hope it happens while parked again.
Old 09-06-2009, 05:08 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by allroadrunnervscyote
Would you like Arnott to come over an put a gun to your family's head? No, well neither do I. But if they knew they were making a defective product and didn't do anything about it, then that is exactly what they did. Shame on them for playing rusian roullet with our safety and shame on you for putting a couple hundred dollar price tag on your own.
n.
Man you're a drama queen.You have a greater chance of having a fatal wreck when you leave the house then losing your life to a Arnott failure.If your so worried about you and your family why haven't you replaced the Arnotts with oem?I would love to hear your answer.

Quick Reply: 4 month old Arnott airbag suffers explosive decompression