Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

402 mod fail :(

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2010, 03:20 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 402 mod fail :(

Hiya,
After installing a set of Arnott airbags and bilsteins that went sweet i thought i'd top it all off with the 402 lowering mod.

Looked OK until i went back into the -10 menu (after login) and all the top 4 n/a windows go red and i can't proceed. Means i'm stuck locked in level 2 and nothing seems to help in resetting?

Any ideas or am i off to be raped by an Audi dealer?
Old 05-18-2010, 04:27 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

You must finish the procedure for the suspension to work. Follow these instructions:

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho....php?t=2038902
Old 05-18-2010, 02:30 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Yeah cheers but that's the issue....it won't let me finish a sequence. I have started at the beginning a number of times but it just gets stuck at the same point and won't let me proceed?

When we go back into the adapation - 10 menu (after logging in) the top 4 N/A windows are red (not green as they should be). You hear the suspension rise into level 2 and then an error message comes up about not being able to complete and that's it?

Unfortunately for me it's left the car locked in level 2 and nothing i have tried will unlock it?
Old 05-18-2010, 02:32 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Looks to be the same issue poster #25 (Groovninga) had but no one replied with a fix for him? I'm hoping someone can help or i guess it's off to be raped by an Audi dealer
Old 05-18-2010, 03:15 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

and you have full version of VCDS naturally?

I finished the mod numerous times, getting errors every now and then but that's due to my pump failing slowly and not being able to fill the suspension in allotted time.

Maybe that's your problem as well? Are you getting suspension warning light every now and then or find yourself waiting for system to bring the car up as long as a minute a level?

If your system is having performance problems or its pressure sensor is acting (like mine), you might not be able to complete adaptation successfully most of times.

Last edited by thejulex; 05-18-2010 at 03:19 PM.
Old 05-18-2010, 03:59 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

ah that could be it then....the pump is a bit slow and will take 30 seconds to a minute just on normal startup...going up a level will take at least a minute if not more.

Hmmm, now it's at level 2 i might be OK? I'll keep persevering at let you know how i went.

Thanks for the info.
Old 05-18-2010, 07:08 PM
AudiWorld Member

Not to hijack, but do you guys know if there's a way to adjust the speeds at which the automatic level changing occurs?

I'd like it to drop from level 2 to level 1 at 70mph instead of 80mph.

TIA
Old 05-19-2010, 04:26 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

There is no way to change that short of hacking open the module and somehow changing the programming.

I am myself toying with the idea of cutting speedometer signal feed wire from the leveling module to see what happens (or rather if it stops changing levels with speed without throwing an error).
Old 05-19-2010, 04:28 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

does it sometimes work ok though? My acting up pressure sensor sometimes works ok which allows the system to change levels normally. During these rare occurrences I am able to finish adaptation.
Old 05-20-2010, 04:38 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

All good

Just tried again and it worked 1st go? Didn't do anything different so a bit of a mystery but maikn thing is the car is nicely low and i'm a happy camper

Quick Reply: 402 mod fail :(