Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

Air Suspension Diagnosis Help Needed

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2011, 03:55 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok....so cross your collective fingers...I haven't been on a test drive...but.... I've Got It Sitting in the Garage holding steady at LEVEL 2!

Not getting too excited yet, but thanks for the input from everyone.

Procedure steps:

1. Put car in Jack Mode (press Up and down manual buttons in dash for 10 secs until both up and down are solid green ...for anyone who may read this and doesn't know)

2. Jack up all four wheels as low as your jack stands will let you go up. For mine this was Level 3, or about 11.5 to 12" between bottom of jack points and ground.

3. Start Engine. On mine the sensor level read level 3.

4. Scratch your head and go...should I try to go to Level 4 to make sure it pumps air to the bags? Say wtf and do it. On mine it wouldn't go to Level 4. Ok...so no conclusive evidence if this is working yet.

5. Debate putting it back into Jack mode to lower all the jacks. Figure this is the "proper", "by the book" thing to do. Because I don't want to throw off the level I've established by lowering individual wheels down.

6. First wheel unjacked up. Seems to hold steady.

7. Second wheel unjacked...both wheels sink...fudge! Get in see if I can pump it up...with the back wheels still up to take some of the load off? (Probably wasn't a good idea...) But no affect.

8. Take all the wheels down and Start the car again while rushing around and giving each a little nudge at the jack point while it pumps.

9. Check back in car....STICKING TO LEVEL 1 HALLELUJAH!

10. Let the car run and rest. And then push buttons to LEVEL 2. Takes an excruciating 30 seconds to go up....but it goes up!

Going for a test drive now....we'll see!
Old 12-04-2011, 06:08 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Test Drive success! She is staying up. Guess jacking it up one axle at a time at the tire shop threw off the calibration?

Whatever the case.

2 Lessons:

1. PUT YOUR CAR IN JACK MODE ANY TIME YOU TAKE IT TO A SHOP!
2. If you forget, manually leveling the car with jack stands may be the "Reset" button you need.

Thanks!