Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

Air Suspension, WTF?

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2010, 12:42 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quick update..... over the weekend, as a test, I connected a little portable compressor (like those used for the tyres) and plugged it into the inlet to “help” the onboard compressor. Worked like a charm. Picked up from level 1 to level 3 in less than a minute. External compressor never exceeded 0.5bar but it does tell me the onboard compressor is stuffed.

BTW: I have some schematics and descriptions that I pulled off the WABCO site if anyone is interested (still have not foundthe specs of the Allroad system). What are the forum rules about posting these, and if OK how do I go about it?
Old 09-28-2010, 05:25 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by GetafiX
Quick update..... over the weekend, as a test, I connected a little portable compressor (like those used for the tyres) and plugged it into the inlet to “help” the onboard compressor. Worked like a charm. Picked up from level 1 to level 3 in less than a minute. External compressor never exceeded 0.5bar but it does tell me the onboard compressor is stuffed.

BTW: I have some schematics and descriptions that I pulled off the WABCO site if anyone is interested (still have not foundthe specs of the Allroad system). What are the forum rules about posting these, and if OK how do I go about it?
im very interested in schematics of WABCO.
Because mine had also already died last year.
Once dismantled and overhauled by my indy.
Is there any dangerous description in it?
i think it should be no problem.

Actually my compressor had died for few month.
At that time i requested quotation to my indy including valve unit to replace it.
But before buying it, mine had suddenly come to life again by supplying lubricant "air tool oil" to the inlet port.
Currently totally no error code in mod #34 running very fine.
Therefore i stopped order new one.
Did you already try it?
Old 09-28-2010, 10:10 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by parkinman
Yesterday, after work, I walked out to my 05 allroad and the entire front of the car was all the way down resting on the bumper stops. The back, however, was at the normal level 3 setting. After a few curse words, I started the car and got the car to raise back up to level 3 (it didn't take an inordinate amount of time). On my 20 mile ride home (all highway) the front end slowly sank down to level one with the air suspension warning light coming on just briefly. Got the car home safely and raised the car back up to level 3 and expected it to drop back down over night. Well, it didn't. As of 8am this morning still sitting level on level 3. I've had a few glitches with the air suspension from time to time where it wouldn't raise back up to level 3 when dropping below 50mph or it going to level 1 on its own but I could manually get it to back to the normal setting with no more problems. This is the first time I've had it go all the way down. This car has 63K on it and was always properly maintained and lived its entire live in North Carolina. It still has all the original parts though. I'm afraid of some big looming problem coming. I don't know if this has been posted somewhere else but any help/ideas would be greatly appreciated.

WOW! I have the exact same thing going on with my 04 that has only 61k on it. The dealer replaced one or two of the front bags in the past when Prior Owner had it.

I have Arnotts on order as i can't even take the car on the freeway now. It can't hold at level 2 for more than a minute, but will set at lever 3 for days.
Old 09-30-2010, 05:02 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Hi ...

I came onto the forum looking for some help with my suspension on this vehicle. But I didnt have a lot of luck. So I did some searching on the web and found a solution to my problem. I bought a system from Strutmasters for the car.. I have to say that I thought I would miss the adjustable levels of suspension but this sits me right about medium and I love it.
Old 10-04-2010, 12:06 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default WABCO Stuff

Attachments as requested.

Not sure how useful these would be and whether or not they are directly applicable to the Allroad but they look fairly close. No idea about the schematic diagram which is in German.

Use all these at your own risk........
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
WABCO ECAS.pdf (974.6 KB, 154 views)
WABCO ELM.pdf (253.1 KB, 563 views)
WABCO Schematic.pdf (84.7 KB, 83 views)