Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

Allroad ECU's.

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2002, 03:55 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Exactly... the "chastity belt" and VIN registration upon ECU purchase are just part of a survey.

can you come up with any other reason? so you think if you come to your dealer with some engine problem they will refuse to service you just because you have a new ecu? bucha bull. audi is not going to play detective games with you.
Old 12-14-2002, 04:42 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default My own opinion...

Is that that these little things are indicitive of a much bigger "scheme" that Audi has planned. I think they're not happy with paying turbo warranty claims for either stock or modified engines, and are therefore progressing towards the normally aspirated engineering for all S-cars. The RS cars are priced beyond the range of most enthusiasts who would otherwise try to improve performance over stock, w/o themselves paying for any failures that may result.

The chastity belt was supposed to tell Audi if there had been ECU tampering. Registering your VIN, to get an immobilizer code for a new 03 ECU is just a fool proof method of determining if a customer has access to a 2nd ECU. I still believe that any evidence which indicates ECU tampering may have occurred, could acquit Audi of paying any warranty costs for turbo failures.

Better yet, the system serves as a deterrent to those who would try to hide the existence of their chipped ECU. Most who chip an '03 will have to accept that the dealership knows they've done it. I think the real money savings come from that.
Old 12-15-2002, 09:05 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default I disagree, me thinks AoA will deny warranty work if they suspect/know...

you've got a new ECU that was ordered for any other reason than a dealer replacing a defective one. Why do you think they've got the chastity belt on the thing in the first place? AoA is trying to prevent us from chipping the cars. So if they know you bought a spare ECU, and you have engine probs, they'll know to dig for any scrap of electronic/mechanical evidence that you messed with the car. If they find it, bingo, no warranty.
Old 12-15-2002, 09:31 AM

Default Re: you can actually buy one from a dealer for $740.00. $1000 for shipping?

You guys just don't get it and that was why I was leary of even offering it on AudiWorld. But, I figured we may have a few smart readers that know what I'm offering and see it for what it is -- a way to chip that AoA has no clue about and has no way to void your warranty over.

Anyone chipping the stock ECU is playing games they can not win. It's not if you need engine/driveline service, it's when, and if you've chipped the stock ECU then expect do be denied. You may luck out and get a decent dealer that looks the other way, but with the new AoA policies going into effect Jan 1/2003 even the dealers are now obligated to ship the ECU's to AoA for inspection prior to warranty work will be approved. And, any engine/turbo/related warranty work over $1500.00 now has to be cleared by AoA directly.

I am not making anything really on this deal - the ECU prices are high as they include the core charge and do not come via standard Audi parts channels. They also come with a bag of 20 tamper proof bolts for those models that require such.

Think before you jump all over me....

I have just sold over 24 ECU's to one of the large US based tuning companied as they understand what it is I can get.

John
Old 12-15-2002, 09:42 AM

Default Re: Allroad ECU's.

This offer has been revoked to anyone who has not contacted me yet. Thanks to the many of you who have - I will be placing the order Monday and we should have our ECU's early in January.

I have also arranged a deal with the top German tuner to chip these ECU's prior to them being shipped over if you desire this service. Contact me via email for more details.

To those of you who missed out I'm very sorry - but due to the response of a few people on this forum who are too inept to see the value being offered I've ended it early. Trust a few idiots to raise crap and stir the pot.

To those who doubted this deal please do not feel that you missed out - I have sold many ECU's to several US tuners so that you can buy a pre-chipped ECU from them without having to notify AoA. Also be pleased to know they will sell for much more then I was selling them for.

John
Old 12-16-2002, 06:30 AM

Default Chip companies will offer a better deal

GIAC offered me the option of sending the chip in a brand new ECU for around 1200 USD. Just give them the number off your ECU. Problem solved.
Old 12-16-2002, 08:40 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Thanks for the info....

I'm definitely getting the tip chip, and if Giac offers a replacement untrackable ECU, I'll go with their performance chip also.
Old 12-20-2002, 08:24 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

We did think and this is a scam.. Screw you hippie