Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

Allroad Throttle Lag

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2004, 07:28 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The interesting thing is that the ZF 5A19 and 5A25 are used by other manufacturers such as BMW...but

it seems to be Audi's adaptation with their software that is the problem... Like others have said before, my lag is almost completely tied to the brake pedal; like a built-in delay for the throttle-by-wire when you come off the brake. Probably lawyer over-compensation for the old "unattended acceleration" debacle...
Old 07-27-2004, 07:55 AM

Default Let AOA Client Relations know about it and have it

documented. They are losing lots of sales because of this tip-lag but don't seem to care. I don't get it!!
Old 07-27-2004, 07:56 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Not the turbos. Throttle by wire software problem. Why only 2.7T TIP allroads I don't know.
Old 07-27-2004, 08:47 AM

Default Re: One behavioral trick:

I don't think I should have to concentrate on exactly how to apply my throttle everytime I accelerate in a $47,000 automobile. I have not gone to the Audi dealer yet. It sounds like they will have no response to this problem. Has anyone had a posative response from an Audi dealer or Audi USA?
Old 07-27-2004, 09:01 AM

Default Re: Also, does Sport Mode make much of a difference for you?

The sport mode does not seem to make a difference
Old 07-27-2004, 09:41 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Searching for (B5) S4 2.7T Tip opinion on Tip-lag.

I did a search on the (00-02) S4 board (but didn't post) to see if I could learn if they had the same problem as us allroad's since I would think the engine/transmission is the same. Didn't see complaints of tip lag like you do for allroads. What's up with that? Different software?
Old 07-27-2004, 10:42 AM
db6

Default I test drove an '04 and noticed lag (see my question in a previous post)

asked the dealer about turbo lag - he said it wasn't turbo lag but throttle by wire lag. Which I didn't understand. He didn't say there was any solution, and most likely has lost a sale because of it. I was hopping this board would tell me that the lag could be fixed or minimized by the use of a chip, etc. but it seems there is no answer. Seems like car would be fine on highway or open road, by in stop and go traffic or where there are stop signs and traffic lights I would have issues. Too bad, as I really like the car and was ready to pull the trigger on a lease. This might be the reason the money rate on leases right now equlas 0.9% per year right now. Thanks for all the info.
Old 07-27-2004, 10:56 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Mine was replaced this spring - just as laggy!

And it was replaced with an updated model, too.

It's definitely in the TCU.
Old 07-27-2004, 11:06 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default It is defiantly the TIP not the engine because there is no lag with a 6-speed...

This is also why I will probably not be getting a new Audi as it appears that all cars larger than an A4 will not get a manual tranny (in the US at least...someone explain the logic on that!) Guess I'll just drive the allroad till it's dead then move on to a nice BMW, VW or Merc...
Old 07-27-2004, 12:38 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default I love seeing everyone get so fired up about this every few months, but why don't we...

try to do something about it as a group. What about a petition to audi or a class action suit based on the inherent danger in the BTL lag. Anyone have any thoughts or know of how we would kick something like that off?

Quick Reply: Allroad Throttle Lag