Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

Allroad vs. Boxster "S" question.

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2004, 04:16 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Give er hell! Mostly empty fuel tank plus 1 gallon of 114 octane Toulene should make it interesting

Available at Sherwin Williams for $8/gallon.

Make sure you use a funnel and be very careful not to get it on your paint. If you do it unplug your ECU for a minute and let you throttle body readapt to the new sauce. That way you will get the most out of your money and won't have to wait for the ECU to adapt.

Good Luck, I ran it in my A6 and it seemed to pull much harder. I have a gallon in my garage and am waiting for the right opportunity to bust it out.

STFA on Toulene and you will get a mixing guide. All you do to figure out octane is the number of gallons at X octane (93 x2) + 1 gallon of Toulene (114)= 300/3= 100 Octane for 8 dollars.
Old 07-12-2004, 04:17 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 39 Likes on 26 Posts
Default He will **** all over you...

...both in a straight line, and more importantly (if he can drive that is) on any twisty road you care to mention. Just because he's bragging doesn't mean to say it's worth the challenge! Why don't you drive his car and see what you think of it yourself?
Old 07-12-2004, 04:53 PM

nope...but i still think you can give him a race
Old 07-12-2004, 05:04 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default If you want to realy see, Wed night Drags at Sears Point.

You don't want to meet Mr Seven point. (law) or maybe drive over your head, or his, to prove a point. Not worth it. Just my 2cents

I'm off to Denver on Wed.
Old 07-12-2004, 05:14 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: 5.2 0-60 eh? I didn't realize it was that quick.

It's not..it is 5.7 from 0-62, absolutely doable with the ar with some weight reduction + mods. I don't want to encourage you but you'll have a good chance. Maybe you can find a SUNOCO dealer who will sell some 100 octane gas, with your mods he will have a hard time. Even though you may not hit the finish line first but he will not drive away from you. Just make sure he doesn't trick you into tight turns, your wheelbase is no match for this "shorty".
I've had a chance to drive against an Boxster-S (and 911Carrera4S) on the track (Lime Rock & Mosport) with my mods (I think your's are similar) and surprise: he did not get away from me. Even worse, as soon as it startet raining I was pulling away from the "Boxcar". The 911 4S (320HP & 4WD) did great and it was fun watching, and later on driving the "real" Porsche.
So get the ar low and dirty, take off as much weight as you can, low level the Gas tank and give this guy a run for his money. You've won already because everyone who needs to race a so called Sports-car vs our Wagon doesn't have the right perspective in the first place, just like Apples and Watermelons......Let us know..and more power to you!!!
Old 07-12-2004, 06:08 PM
LCP
AudiWorld Expert

Default If you can launch a quattro, you should get him off the line...

...I think you'd stay ahead until about the 1/8th mile point, and if you ran on 100 octane gas, I don't think he'd ever catch you. A Boxster S is barely faster than a stock 6-spd. S4 off the line through the 1/4. Sure you're 600 pounds heavier than a stock S4, but you've also got 60 more horesepower too.
Old 07-12-2004, 06:12 PM

Default Lol. The Boxster is a 'real' porsche. In fact in many ways it greater embodies porsche's original

ideas of how a true roadster should drive and what it should look like. It carries the heart and soul of porsche's original vision. That being said I still think a tuned AR can give it a race.
Old 07-12-2004, 08:32 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default At altitude you could take him no problem, sea level might be a different story

either way, post the query on the rocky mtn forum addressed to MarkFank. He made the switch from an allroad, to an S6, then to a Boxter S. If anyone would have a good feel for the possibilities, he would.
Old 07-13-2004, 03:54 AM

Default I spanked a Boxster S this past weekend on the Maine turnpike.

Caught sight of him working up the inside lanes cutting off other cars with his bad lane changes. Waited until he tried to pull the same **** with me and buried him into the back of a fifth wheel from Iowa. He came back pretty pissed off so I gave him the nod and off we went. Guess he didn't either have the stones for high(er) speed(s) or the station wagen pulling away from his yellow chick magnet got his girlfriend thinking she bet on the wrong horse. My wife got a kick out of it. I think she now knows that its been "X"ed.
Old 07-13-2004, 07:00 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 39 Likes on 26 Posts
Default More like a jealous slap on the wrist

The reality is that however smug you feel blocking the guy in traffic he would leave you in the weeds on a straight road, a twisty road or the track. You and wifey seem to have a little chip on your shoulders when it comes to Porsches.

Quick Reply: Allroad vs. Boxster "S" question.