Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

Allroad vs. Boxster "S" question.

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2004, 01:41 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Default If he doesn't know how to drive you might get him.

A Boxster S is 0-60 5.6 sec and a chipped 6 speed allroad is still over 6 seconds. Quattro launch will help you a bunch especially if he bogs or can't launch well. If he takes advantage of the revs he will pass you pretty quickly.

I had a highly modified allroad (some of the old timers might remember me) and now have an S. The drag strip is not the Boxsters strength. The Boxster is one of the best handling cars out there and is pretty damn fast at speed.

It would be fun to run a chipped allroad & S. Most likely the driver with the best skills would win a drag. With both drivers being equal, the S would win in the straight & corners.

Both are great cars with very different purposes!
Old 07-13-2004, 01:44 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I thought I said no debates on the "real" Porsche comment.....oh well.
Old 07-13-2004, 01:46 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 39 Likes on 26 Posts
Default I agree and...

Some of those mods may end up on my ar, particularly suspension mods.

What I find a little crass is the idea that a Porsche, any Porsche seems to be the target for "spanking". It just seems childish to me. If you want to beat a Porsche fairly and squarely, do it safely on the track where the whole thing involves only those willing to be involved. Play games on the highway to "Spank the Porker" and you risk a whole bunch of other people's innocent lives.

I personally don't and won't race on the highway despite numerous "offers" to play. It's not worth it. Time to get to the track!
Old 07-13-2004, 01:47 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default 550 Spyder. Look into it. It is what inspired Porsche to build the Boxster.

It goes back to their tradition and history. Hate to say it but you sound very bitter about it for some reason. Chill.
Old 07-13-2004, 01:56 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 39 Likes on 26 Posts
Default But have YOU driven one?

You might then find YOU have an opinion about the Boxster without having to rely on a few people's judgement. How do you know they represent "The Heart and Soul" of Porsche owners? Are they officially sanctioned by Porsche? The Porsche Owners Club?

Why not go and check one out for yourself? you might be very pleasantly surprised.
Old 07-13-2004, 01:57 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I think my racing credentials are satisfactory enough....

to be considered a pretty darn good driver... Granted I have only been able to spend time on tracks like Thunderhill, Infineon and Laguna, granted it was only in a 1978 Datsun 120 honeybee and 1990 Acura Integra GS...but then again SCCA isn't very competetive ;^)
Old 07-13-2004, 02:08 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default "a chipped 6 speed allroad is still over 6 seconds"...eh???

Considering there have been substantiated rummors of sub 6 0-60 pulls with a stock 6 speed, I would think the "x" dipped AR at sea level would be closer to the stock B5 S4 6 speed times. No?
Old 07-13-2004, 02:45 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default It has been a while since I have checked out the times......

I had the APR 91 octane program. (Utah only gets 91) :-/ and at 4500+ ft. I know I was not under 6 seconds. I do not doubt that an "x" program, DP's,higher octane, and sea level, you can be running under 6 seconds. Like I said, I haven't been following the allroad board too closely for the past year or so.

I'm all for having anyone that thinks their car is the fastest thing in the world get spanked by what they deem a "lesser" car. IMO - keyboard racers suck too. :-)
Old 07-13-2004, 03:05 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default scca racing huh? 1 of the funniest races i saw was walter payton(rip) take out half the field in a

neuman/hauss oldsmobile at pocono in the late 80's (maybe early 90's,i'm too old to remember exactly) he was a much better running back then race car driver.
Old 07-13-2004, 04:09 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I haven't been following the allroad board too closely for the past year or so.

Let this be a lesson as to why you should...;^)

I see. I am running the same frumpy 91 octane gas as you, though at sea level around 60-70 degrees at night. I guess we will see.

Quick Reply: Allroad vs. Boxster "S" question.