Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

Another new allroad owner.. Hello

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2007, 05:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another new allroad owner.. Hello

I just drove my new allroad home from Philadelphia to Atlanta and was sure glad to have it just south of Harrisburg in the sleet and ice. After many months of searching and waiting, I found most of what I wanted: 01' Atlas grey, 6-spd, premium pkg, and cold weather option. Warm weather option is the only thing missing from the list, which would be nice down here, but I'll survive. To cap it off, it already had the two main upgrades that I had planned to do: the GIAC chip and Hotchkis sway bars. I may look to do more in the future, but I think this is the first car I've ever purchased that has significantly exceeded my expectations. I think I literally said "WOW" several times during the drive home. Even after getting home I went 'cruisin' after putting the kids to bed!
I've had a C4 Avant FWD that has been a great car for me, so I'm not new to the Audi experience, just to the AR. I look forward to sharing experiences with the car. My shortlist list right now is to do the TB, water pump, cam seals service and look for an extended warranty service.
Old 12-16-2007, 06:54 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Welcome! It's a great car.

You bought what I wanted to get when I bought mine new. The depreciation hadn't kicked in yet in '04. I spent more, but don't have the chip or the sways ( which I'd like ). Have fun.
Old 12-16-2007, 10:17 AM

Default Welcome! Hopefully it comes in handy for the next "flake alert" on Stone Mtn ;-)

Lived in your area in the late '80's, left just before the Olympics. One of my favorite places to drive to, and visit, is Cumberland Island. Enjoy your new allroad!
Old 12-16-2007, 11:31 AM
Banned

Congrats! PHilly to Atlanta is a LONG drive. Email me if you want extended warranty info.
Old 12-16-2007, 11:57 AM

Default Re: Welcome! Hopefully it comes in handy for the next "flake alert" on Stone Mtn ;-)

Haven't been to Cumberland since I camped there about 12 years ago. Lots of tree frogs and armadillos. It is beautiful place and St. Mary's is a great town to drive around. I guess nearly any coastal town makes for some fine drivin'.
Old 12-16-2007, 11:58 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Congrats. (Extended warranty's a good move, BTW.)
Old 12-16-2007, 12:20 PM

Default It didn't seem too long...

Obviously had a good bit of highway miles heading down 81, but then stayed the night in near Boone, NC with family, so I seized the opportunity to hop on the Blue Ridge Pkwy for some truely delightful driving.
Old 12-16-2007, 02:07 PM

Default Welcome...darn if you were Highland green I might swap you as I have the warm weather pkg...

just kidding as we get the "best" of both worlds here in terms of weather so they both come in handy...welcome to our club <cult?>...just btw we seem to be stealing all the members from the other boards
Old 12-16-2007, 04:12 PM
Banned

Wow, that sounds nice. I did it in one shot, napping in truck stops...ugh.
Old 12-16-2007, 04:39 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Enthusiasm is always welcome.

Quick Reply: Another new allroad owner.. Hello