Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

Any after market extended warrenties that people would recommend?

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2006, 04:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any after market extended warrenties that people would recommend?
Old 04-20-2006, 04:48 PM

Default You can search but I have received more than my money's worth out of

AUL Reserve (this is their premium policy, they have several) out of Napa, CA...be careful as these are insurance policies and are regulated at the state level and read the policy closely as they vary greatly...look for ones that exclude the fewest items...mine only lists a few and says that all other failures are covered...this is how I got them to cover the air spring...this policy was recommended by a dealer friend that I trust, too bad he sells Pontiacs and Buicks good luck.
Old 04-20-2006, 05:08 PM

Default girlroad, when and where did you get the policy?...

My Audi Assured warranty expires in Dec., and I would like to price another warranty. If I can't get one, I might not hang on to the allroad.
Old 04-20-2006, 05:27 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default YGM

Sent you a copy of the AUL contract that I bought. My mechanic also recommended this company.
Old 04-20-2006, 07:10 PM

Default Thanks audilocks you beat me to the punch. I got it through the local dealer that I bought my

allroad from...it wasn't an Audi dealer, but my indy shop also says this is the best one that they see in their shop. I got it when I was just under the 50k Audi warranty and extended it to 86k, but wish I had gone to 100k as now I worry that I may have to give up the allroad by the 86k mark
Old 04-20-2006, 08:04 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default How did you get the air springs covered?

It says specifically in the contract that shock absorbers are not covered - did you convince them that the air springs are not shock absorbers?
Old 04-21-2006, 04:40 AM

Default Oh yeah....as in you can't just go to Sears to replace them and failure keeps the car from running

unlike an "average" car where you just bounce around a bit. They wanted to exclude them because the part name is a shock but I did ask them about this specific part on my dealer's (non Audi)recommendation BEFORE I purchased it. I think some of the MB, Lexus, new Suburban, Tahoe and others with self adjusting shocks/load leveling are in for a huge surprise if they find that their extended warranties are not going to pay for something that has become MORE than just a shock, but part of the suspension itself. If some of these very reputable warranty companies start looking at these types of vehicles they may very well just include them if pushed and just increase the policy cost to the consumer. Just my thoughts.
Old 04-21-2006, 06:25 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Mustbeaudi has a great "Gold Key" exclusionary warranty (I just bought one)

Jay (mustbeaudi) on this board has a great tie-in to a nice exclusionary warranty -- my allroad's in-service date ends my factory warranty next month, and he got me a great deal. Search the archives here and you'll find some great reviews and advice.
Old 04-21-2006, 08:42 AM

Default Tried to email you myself...

... but it got bounced back. I'm interested to know what you guys are paying for your AUL policies compared to Audi Pure Protection. Thanks.
Old 04-21-2006, 09:33 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Just picked up AWB Platinium ...

5 years - 100,000 miles. Purchased from them, because they seemed reputable and a few recommendation on this board.
Spoke w/ Ken W (a very nice guy). I hope I never have to use it, but most likely will. Peace of mind. I plan of driving it into the ground or until the next allroad comes out that is!

Quick Reply: Any after market extended warrenties that people would recommend?