Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

Any special considerations when purchasing a high mileage allroad?

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2012, 10:47 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any special considerations when purchasing a high mileage allroad?

Got a line on a car I'm interested in based on color, options and its service history/records....but it's a little north of 150k. Stay away or just be extra careful about checking it over prior to purchase? Any special wear items or issues to be on the lookout for?
Old 08-27-2012, 12:13 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 54 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by bluenellie
Got a line on a car I'm interested in based on color, options and its service history/records....but it's a little north of 150k. Stay away or just be extra careful about checking it over prior to purchase? Any special wear items or issues to be on the lookout for?
Suspension components such as control arms(Upper and lower), tie rod ends, etc.. Here is an example of the suspension components http://www.fcpgroton.com/product-exe...ategory_id/183 NOT including the airbags and/or the air compressor...
Check for engine leaks as this is a common thing on the allroad no matter what year or mileage (Usually being VCG/CCT/Cam Plugs..
Front Axles- due to ride height suspension
Brakes- Heavy/Luxurious avant
Coil packs and/or plugs- Depending on year/engine (APB vs BEL)
Torque Converter/Transmission- Tiptronic tranny (Depending on year, as this was more evident on earlier models)
Interior Cosmetics- The buttons/surface tend to wear off .. purely cosmetics as things may still work but look crappy..
This is pretty much off the top of my head, but Don't let this list scare you!!! Of course anytime you buy a used vehicle, you should take it to an independent shop to have it looked at for any signs of the list above, and/or codes ^..
After the purchase you should invest in the best and most invaluable tool in the Audi/VW family, the VAG-COM
( www.ross-tech.com).... If you have any questions dont hesitate to ask.
PS: There is also a great Tech section/DIY here : Look at the link in my sig. as well as some more great read at : www.allroadfaq.com