Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

anyone replace their bose stereo option?

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2003, 01:26 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anyone replace their bose stereo option?

hi there. i am looking at picking up an '03 ar. the dealer i am working with only has models that include the bose option. thing is that i planned on putting aftermarket speakers and an amp in. since the deal they will give me makes it about the same as another dealer without the bose, i am inclined to just get it and replace it sometime later.

my question is whether anyone has tried this? i have seen some optional equipment installed in a way that is problematic at best to replace/remove. perhaps i will just keep the bose, but i would rather not get a model with that option if it precludes me from replacing the speakers and amp to begin with. thanks.
Old 07-23-2003, 01:35 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default It's easy, as the bose amplifier in this car is a multichannel unit, in the trunk...

It doesn't use the amplified speakers that they've used in the past. The head unit has Bose EQ settings which can be disabled with VAG (I believe).

The speakers in the car are replaceable.

People on this board have done it... I think VeloAR may be one of them? Try a search.
Old 07-23-2003, 01:44 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Re: It's easy, as the bose amplifier in this car is a multichannel unit, in the trunk...

glad to hear that! thanks. can't wait to get my ar this week :-)
Old 07-23-2003, 02:30 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I de-Bosed the Bose with VAG. Big difference....

I was actually disappointed with the Bose in my allroad as compared to my '98 A6. The dynamic range and clarity is much better in the A6 Bose system. Not just a little, but significantly better.
When I de-Bosed the allroad, the range of the speakers improved noticably. Still not to the clarity of the A6 but better. Worth a first try before investing a bundle in another system. And it's free if you find a friend with the VAG software.
Old 07-23-2003, 03:30 PM

Default Re: I de-Bosed the Bose with VAG. Big difference....

How do you actually de-Bose, ie,how does one program the VAG to acquire the de-Bosed results? Thanks.
Old 07-23-2003, 06:14 PM

Default Hey, don't stop now! I think the Bose radio sucks too! I'm coming from a 9-5 Saab Aero (Harmon

Kardon system) and it was alot better. If you can go through a step by step proceedure to 'de Bose" you will be doing you fellow AR enthusiast a great service. Who knows? Maybe we'll name the proceedure after you?

Jeff
Old 07-23-2003, 06:49 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default It's all been done before...

Well, mostly. =)<ul><li><a href="https://forums.audiworld.com/audio/msgs/14860.phtml">De Bose your Audi.</a></li></ul>
Old 07-23-2003, 07:22 PM

Default I am learning something new everyday. When is this stupid grin going to come off my face?

You da man...

It's interesting how hard this forum is trying to push the AR closer to perfection, as if there's no other car that's worthy of the title. I wonder if it's the same for cars in the other forums. After a week or two of this I'm saying to myself 'maybe, just maybe we can do it'. I wonder if the Audi braintrust knows how much we're pulling for this car to get there. I wonder if they care.
Old 07-23-2003, 10:18 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Heh, I think all makes have a group of owners rooting for the #1 plate to be bestowed to them...

But the allroad does have an allroundedness that none other has. =)
Old 07-24-2003, 07:27 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

see itacud's response below for link...

Quick Reply: anyone replace their bose stereo option?