Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

AoA dissapoints again (long)

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2004, 07:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AoA dissapoints again (long)

In June I described to the AW board a problem I was having with water pooling in my passenger headlamp housing. This was beyond condensation. I actually had 1/8-1/4 inch water moving around. It took a few days to burn off. I noticed this problem shortly after purchase but it only happened when driven in steady rain (or car wash).

Dealer stated on several occasions that a little condensation was normal until I took them photos of the water (Dealer is an hour away and a pita to get to). They then agreed to replace it.

In what has become pretty typical for for the Audi dealers I am forced to go to, these idiots replace the drivers side housing. When I picked up the car they admitted their mistake and ordered the correct side and scheduled an appointment for a week later.

Three days after my visit, the dealer calls me and tells me that there is a new Audi bulletin stating that they will no longer replace lamps for condensation under warrantee. "Sorry we won't be putting a new lamp housing in unless you want to pay".

I call AoA and they initially say of course dealer should put correct part in if defective. AoA states they call the dealer and arrange for dealer to perform some AoA test on the lamp and replace if necessary.I'm told to reschedule.

I call to reschedule and dealer says that AoA never gave them the tests and that they can offer me no solution to this problem unless I pay for a new housing.

I call AoA back and now they have changed their tune. They state that the dealer is responsible for making tech diagnosis and that under the new bulletin they would not have replaced either lamp so in essence, I have gotten a freebie. And, there are no AoA presecribed "tests".

Seems that this bulletin was dated dec 03 and the work was done in July 04. The dealer had also discussed aspects of this bulletin with me when they stated a little condensation was normal and not warrantee work. It was their tech people who made the call that the amount of water in my lamp was not normal. WTF!!!!!

Screwed by Audi, screwed by dealer again.

This water cannot be good for the very expensive xenon bulb.

I'll let you PA allroaders know who the dealer is after after they fix all the workmanship issues associated with putting in the wrong lamp (1/4 gap between lamp housing gasket and body of car, lamp is loose, 1/8 inch plus space between bumper cover and side panel).

I'm usually a good sport with the dealers in terms of service work. I thought I had a found a decent shop. I've taken them all my warrantee work even though they are quite a distance away and do not give free loaners ($40 per day for a pos vw Golf or other parts runner car). For even the most basic appointments they routinely fail to finish the work in one day.

Aaargh!
Old 08-10-2004, 08:24 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default perhaps another approach is needed...

To another dealer..."There is a leak in my haadlight housing...every time it rains.. it takes on water.."

This way you avoid a condensation related issue.

my .02
Old 08-10-2004, 08:48 AM

In addition to headlights, the ar also has haadlights!?!? Awesome! *grin* just teasin'
Old 08-10-2004, 08:53 AM

Which side of the state?