Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

Arnott coil spring kit v. gen II air springs

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2011, 07:45 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I believe the "fix" Arnott made to the Bilsteins involves only an o-ring and modification to their aluminum adapter for the shock. There is no change to the shock's damping effect. That is, there is no change in ride quality.
Old 09-12-2011, 10:39 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

mike b you have no clunk at all with the gen 2 and the "fixed" bilsteins?
i just installed the "fixed" ones and still have a little noise i didnt have with the stock stuff. i have also installed all new control arms, inner and outer tie rod ends and swaybar links while trying to fix the clunk in the first place.
Old 09-12-2011, 11:41 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 1murray
mike b you have no clunk at all with the gen 2 and the "fixed" bilsteins?
i just installed the "fixed" ones and still have a little noise i didnt have with the stock stuff. i have also installed all new control arms, inner and outer tie rod ends and swaybar links while trying to fix the clunk in the first place.
Yeah. No clunk at all with the fixed Bilsteins. However, we haven't seen any cold weather yet, so we'll see.
WOW! That's a lot of work you've done there. and a lot of money as well.
Old 09-13-2011, 05:11 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by Mr. Timewise
I believe the "fix" Arnott made to the Bilsteins involves only an o-ring and modification to their aluminum adapter for the shock. There is no change to the shock's damping effect. That is, there is no change in ride quality.
Thank you for your comment.
Certainly, I also think that such modification would not improve ride quality...

In the past, Bilstein Japan changed a characteristic of damping for some special products on request. In fact, the ride got better after change. However, it is very unlikely that they would offer similar service in this case...
Old 09-18-2011, 08:46 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Mr. Timewise
How do you think that if we can discuss each other about damping effect or ride quality of Bilstein especially for our AR, Arnott and Bilstein will be able to work for something like future self improvement by involving our everyone here opinion?
For example "i prefer stiffer setting" or "need enough damping stroke"...etc
i think they definitely don't ignore our driving impression.
Old 09-19-2011, 06:15 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Time to replace my passenger , front bag ( supposedly ) keeps " falling " well ........ when I walk in the garage the following morning , I see the passenger front slabbed , I turn on car ......see the level 1 & 2 green lights ( I ride on level 2 ) blinking along W/ the green light lit on the " car up " button WITH the orange suspension car on dash blinking . It goes through the process of raising the car ( about 2 min ) than all lights off & back to " normal " W/ only level 1 & 2 lights lit . After that everything fine , tho it's getting old 'till I get the funds to get this fixed .