Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

The Audi "Silent Treatment"!!?

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2002, 11:00 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The Audi "Silent Treatment"!!?

You've all seen those T.V. sitcoms where there's a tiff between the two main characters and then one gets the silent treatment from the other?

Well, it's been more than a month since I stepped inside my new Audi and have heard nothing from anybody Audi.

Further, I signed a promisory note with the dealer to pay off about half cost of the car within 30 days.

A few days before the time limit, we decided to finance the car using the house line-of-credit; at least for now.

Arriving at the dealerhsip for the first time since drove away initially, we asked for the fella who sold the car to us. They all drew a blank. Moving right along we found ourselves in the office of finance person and explained we were there to pay the balance owed on the car.

No record we had ever purchased an Audi from this dealership. I quipped to my wife and within earshot of the finance guy (who was checking all this out) that we must have just purchased a half-priced car.

We finally got that squared away and all this prompted me to inquire about the soon to be expired "temporary" plate. The same blank expression and a delayed comment about getting them to us shortly.

Now, here we are a week from the temp plate lapsing and still no metal plates.

The day these expire, we are planning a 1500 mile road trip. If that happens, maybe I can arrange one of their "loaner" cars for the trip. :

This is all very puzzling. Figured it would be the opposite with the dealership and Audi hounding me to fill out surveys; rate the initial quality of the car, etc.

Instead - the "Silent Treatment" Don't suppose they're angry at me, do you think? And what about roadside assitance?

Miles
Port Ludlow, Wa.
Old 09-08-2002, 01:55 PM

Default Re: The Audi "Silent Treatment"!!?

Just curious but what dealer did this happen at? I have obtained two Audi's at Barrier and have always been contacted within a matter of days.

Neil

2002 A6Q
2001 allroad
1993 SHO
Old 09-08-2002, 05:40 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Re: The Audi "Silent Treatment"!!?

Neil,

University. They are very convenient for us coming off the Bainbridge ferry.

Let's see if the permanent plates arrive next week before the temporary one expires.

Miles
Old 09-09-2002, 06:40 AM
HPH
AudiWorld Super User

Default Sounds to me as if...

...you bought your car from a salesperson who left that dealership shortly thereafter, and that he or she didn't do all the paperwork that should have been done.

Presumably, you kept your copies of the paperwork. You may need an extension on your temp plates. HPH
Old 09-09-2002, 07:49 AM

Default Where did you buy the car?

My sales experience with Larsen Motors (Tacoma) was horrible - don't get me started.

I never heard from AoA about the survey for about two months, which was OK with me. It took 6 weeks for my check to clear (I was wondering if I bought a free car). It took about 3 weeks to get the plates; I'd check with the DMV if it's been over a month.

Fortunately, I haven't needed roadside assistance, but it's handled by AAA for Audi. Others seem to have favorable experiences with roadside assistance.
Old 09-09-2002, 08:38 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default University - Seattle

ar 2002, hph, Neil K.; thanks for the information and advice. So far, this is all rather on the humorous side, until the temporary plate actually expires. Afterall, we did have a month of "free" use of our allroad! (i.e. - no intererst).

To sell this car, University did this "promisory note". This is probably very unusual for them and we're guessing the paperwork on the car actually didn't get started until we wandered in last week and paid off the balance owed to them. Checking on-line, they have cashed our check - we will see what happens now.

As far as the "roadside assitance", I just figured they needed to send us a packet or something with some kind of account no.; maybe not. We are also members of AAA, so that should help if we need anything on our road trip.

I'll keep you all informed on what happens. Hopefully, the metal plates will arrive this week.

Miles