Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

Audi Buyback info (please help) long

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2004, 10:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audi Buyback info (please help) long

All, I need help from those that have had to resort to this. My AR has been deemed unable to repair by the stealer, as well as they have damaged it, backing it into a fence. They have asked me about getting out of the vehicle, They want me to buy a Cayenne, Of course I will be the one taking the hit if the dealer is concerned.
They (the dealer) is offering me low wholesale, on a 20k mile 2002, very clean until they backed into a fence. The car has been in service so many times, that I have about 5-7k miles on different loaners. There have been multiple problems. The last one has been there pretty much since day 1.
The car was purchased in July of 03 with 900 miles, not a buyback vehicle, at least that is what I was told. So now I am told by the dealer, after telling him he is crazy with his numbers, that Audi will most likely make a decision in 48hrs.. I am wondering how Audi determines what they will offer to buy the car back for? Also what should I bargain for? I seem to remember someone given 44k for an 01/02 with 30k miles on it. How did you get to that number. (Hoping you are reading) Any help would be appreciated.
I really don't want to hash out the whole dilemma on this site so if someone wants to email me privately, please respond to elekon@swbell.net
Thanks
Len
Old 04-19-2004, 11:18 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default If it is an AoA buyback...

It is NOT WHOLSEALE VALUE, its a refund...Sometimes AoA will deduct milage but this is a point to discuss ONLY WITH AoA.

The dealer can in no way demand that you buy another car. AoA can make it advantagous for you to get another Audi.. Comlete no cash trade of cars has been reported.

Its seem like you have done all the back brakeing work and are awaiting AOA's offer. Hold fast to your facts. and all of your costs involved. But again deal with AoA on this not the reatailer.
Old 04-19-2004, 11:39 AM

Default Re: If it is an AoA buyback...

Thanks, I have been reading the past experiences of others on this site. I appreciate the help and input. I have documented everything, and will continue to. The stealer isn't demanding that I buy a car, they are presenting it as a solution. However, they don't want to take a hit on their end. They want to sell the car at Invoice and keep the hold back, then sell mine at retail.
I am not going for this at all. I am waiting to hear what Audi has to say. The service manager of the dealership made the call to them. I am waiting for the initial response. If it is anything like my luck, then I am in for a battle.
Thanks
Old 04-19-2004, 12:07 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default hey Len...

would it help if another allroad owner drove your car? I'm interested to see what the surging aspect of it is, and if it's similar to how I find my allroad operates.

Also which Stealer... the one right up the street from me on Olive at 270? (sounds like them). Those guys put a new lil gouge in the rear bumper of my Dad's pristine white 94 Speedster... They fixed it (perfect), but - ya know, you shouldn't have to worry that the stealer is gunna hurt your car...

Anyway, lemme know.
Old 04-19-2004, 12:48 PM

Default Re: hey Len...

If you drove it today, that would be more than I have driven it over the last 4weeks. The car is at the other stealer. I have a loaner. It not just the surging, you would know if your car surged like this, it's a suspension problem that they can't get to go away. The car shakes pretty badly at speeds, and it eats tires big time.
It is not up the street from you, but you can figure it out from there. I guess I am waiting for Audi. I will not take the car back, not that they have offered it back, until it is fixed.
They want my car and a 03 A4 1.8T for a 04 Cayenne, that stickers at 62.3. They took their Pepper to 55.3 and said we could trade evenly.
How fast should I sign the papers? (yeah right)
Old 04-19-2004, 01:18 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default shaking my head...

Those guys have the same 'deal with a gun' mentality... but the ones up here by me do it while looking down their nose at you... I tried doin a deal with them on a car a while back where they were 10k over the next reasonable price. I ended up buying the Green Tea elsewhere (at a 10k 'discount' below your dealer's price).

Good luck, my friend.
Old 04-19-2004, 02:19 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default This is the same symptom

That another ar owner here in NY had. AoA just did a buy back of his. He walked away with full purchase less a small useage fee (mileage)

Your dealer is looking to profit bytaking yors in trade and selling it back to AoA... stay out of the stealer's reach...
Old 04-19-2004, 03:31 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default hmmn.

I know this may be completely unreasonable... but have they tried swapping the wheels and tires off another allroad and then driving?

I mean - a shake at speed, plus tire eating sounds like a combination alignment and balance issue. Perhaps the wheel/tire swap could eliminate the shake, and the alignment could be pinned down. (Of course, if they were worth their salt, they would have already tried the wheels for balance, and they probably would have managed to get the alignment right).
Old 04-19-2004, 05:46 PM

Default Re: This is the same symptom

paulroad you and I are thinking the same thing.
The car is not just vibrating, It clunks like a s.o.b. under suspension load and unload. When you move off a light or sudden quick movements there is a very distinctive clunk. They have pretty much changed out the front end, if I am to believe them. Also they messed up the rear of the car pretty good... Then there is the electrical gremlins that still need to be fixed, and the heater blower that sings when it is first turned on. It has done some crazy things, I will not bombard the board. Thing is I really wanted to like the car. Just one of thosse things.
Old 04-19-2004, 05:49 PM

Default Re: hmmn.

I forgot to add that yes they had changed the wheels, They also picked up 2 nails with my back tires. I got there to find my car with 2 flats and a banged up bumper and rear hatch, It was still parked up against the fence that it had been backed into. They were going to send the car to the body shop to have the bumper repaired with filler.....

Quick Reply: Audi Buyback info (please help) long