Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

Audi Factory tour

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2004, 07:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audi Factory tour

I have a customer who will be in Germany next week. How does one contact Audi for a factory and museum tour?
Thanks much for your time.
Old 03-04-2004, 08:17 AM

Default Re: Audi Factory tour

Museum tours do not work via a schedule.

click on the link for more info:<ul><li><a href="http://www.audi.com/com/en/experience/audi_foren/audi_foren.jsp">click here</a></li></ul>
Old 03-04-2004, 08:28 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 42 Likes on 28 Posts
Default Re: Audi Factory tour. . .all you gotta do is. . .

. . .show up. They give them daily.

But, the best way to tour the factory is when you know you can go through the factory in English, unless you speak German.

Of the 6 tours my wife and I have taken, 2 were in German, but the tour guide was bilingual and after each German paragraph he would tell us what he just said in English.

Contact your Audi dealer principal -- or your sales rep if "he/she is an long timer with Audi" -- some of the long timers have been awarded factory tours for their success as a sales person and these folks seem to have a high level of genuine enthusiasm and interest in all things Audi.

My Audi dealer owner actually made a couple of calls for me to make sure I could arrive when there would be an English tour (these, as I recall, do NOT happen every day, but they do happen regularly).

The Audi boutique, delvery center, restaurant (there are two of them as I recall) and the museum have "normal" business hours, but once you are inside the complex, everything is walkable (that you are allowed to see, that is).

I long for the day I can actually pick up a new car in Ingolstadt.

Another interesting place to visit is the Munich Airport Audi Presentation Center -- again they speak English, as a second language, and you should consider it as a unique auto dealership -- "a presentation center" -- not exactly a place you would go to shop for a car right then and there to purchase. But, rather, a place to get an impression and overview of the Audi brand and the Audi line of cars.

Last but not least, you can join the Audi car club of America and sign up for their annual visit to Ingolstadt and two+ days of driver instruction "ON ICE" in Seefeld Austria -- it is the cheapest vacation you could ever imagine -- and the whole thing is 5 star!
Old 03-04-2004, 08:38 AM

Default After you've done the tour, maybe you can tell me why this car has so many problems ..

I'm still p..... off

But the tour is in Ingolstadt, the allroad is made in the Neckarsulm site I believe.
Old 03-04-2004, 10:46 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 42 Likes on 28 Posts

The tour will walk you through the A4 (and A3) production areas and paint shop. No allroads there.